Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ive been on the forum for a while now but properly want to introduce myself and the car!
I'm new to the golf scene but ive owned a vw polo for the past 2 and half years so not so new to the dub world.
Recently i purchased a Golf mk5 1.6 SE FSI 3 door in metallic black. insurance like 1.6s when your 19 like myself :)
I have to say im chuffed to bits with the car very solid, very nice.

Spec.
55k miles
6 speed gear box.
Heated seats
Air con
Cruise control
auto lights and auto wipers
Full (mainly vw) service history.

Im planning to do a few extra bits of work in the near future to make it OEM plus
Thanks to jamadz i now have a foglight and grill kit that i shall be retro fitting.
I have a black front badge waiting to go on, just need to figure out how to replace the back badge then that shall go on too.
and a double din unit to replace the standard player that is in there.

Photos will follow shortly i just wanted to say hi :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
glad the fog lights went to a fellow dubber, if you want to drop the car 50mm let me know lol, ive got a set of eibach springs going :)

ive decided to go for the rally look ready for the european roads lol.

Hope all goes to plan with the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How are you retro-fitting the fogs? I did a similar kit using the Kufatec wiring harness but you need to make sure you have a highline CECM!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in terms of the foglights, ive been looking into it but not 100% on the best option. im pretty sure i dont have a highlign module but would consider buying one. I hear there is a relay option?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi,

I'm going to be retrofitting fog's into my mk5 golf soon, managed to snag a decent pair of original projectors for 40quid so just on the hunt for grilles and a wiring harness now!

there is a relay option, and i'm considering this too once i get confirmation that it will work with the stock switch, wouldnt want a seperate fog light switch floating about.

the *better* way of doing it would be to upgrade to a highline CECM, starts to get a bit expensive but by far the better way, i'm looking into this if i can snag a highline cecm from the breakers

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if the relay works with the standard switch then id happily be doing that. im trying to find some tuts for it. Vw vortex have a few but none i found on the realy method. yet.

joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok i've completed the foglight retrofit and admittedly it did cost me in the region of £220 but its all done correctly.

Bits I bought: Highline CECM £40, pair of Genuine Fogs £100, Grilles £10, Kufatec Harness £40 (Check ebay.de as its only about £30 on there) Light Switch £30

Its simple to fit and there is a tutorial on VWvortex.

You will also need to get your CECM coded in vagcom to enable to fog lights.

I've heard of the Relay option but you would still need to buy a new headlight switch and then there would be alot of messing around. You'd need a signal wire from the switch to the relay and then a fused 12v wire (correct gauge) going to the relay and then an output to the lights. You'd also need to buy some H11/HB4 connectors to fit to the fog lights... etc etc...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sweet! well done mate hope it looks good :)
i may / may not go down this route. ive got alot of added extras on my car so id imagine coding to be a real pain on the cecm. plus i cant find the cecm anywhere!
can i ask how you found yours? and what you searched for on the german ebay for your harness?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks chuff :)
i finish uni a week friday so all the work will begin then. I'm looking at what wheels to buy now -
im considering bbs ch reps or genuine bbs co.
If not these then something completely different not to sure yet though
Will keep you posted :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A little while since ive posted but some updates happening over the next month.

I have already replaced the sidelights and numberplate lights with leds.
Next i plan to colour code all the bump strips and badges.
towards the end of the month i will be buying new wheels and lowering springs depending on work bonus.
Pics to follow very soon.

Joe

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:p
im in two minds on what style of wheels to get at the moment.
im leaning towards bbs ch reps but im also interested in some kind of bbs rm style of wheel.
I shall keep you updated with the progress!

Joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
sweet! well done mate hope it looks good :)
i may / may not go down this route. ive got alot of added extras on my car so id imagine coding to be a real pain on the cecm. plus i cant find the cecm anywhere!
can i ask how you found yours? and what you searched for on the german ebay for your harness?
Hello mate, Sorry its taken so long don't come on here all that often, i got my highline CECM from MortyGTTDI on mk5golfgti.co.uk (Top bloke as well!)

Had a look on ebay.de for the harness (Nebelscheinwerfer Kabelbaum if you're interested) and can't find the kufatec harness on there anymore.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello mate, Sorry its taken so long don't come on here all that often, i got my highline CECM from MortyGTTDI on mk5golfgti.co.uk (Top bloke as well!)

Had a look on ebay.de for the harness (Nebelscheinwerfer Kabelbaum if you're interested) and can't find the kufatec harness on there anymore.

Hope this helps.
Thanks pal, i still havent fitted the fogs to my car yet. Its on the back bench with uni.
Thanks for the help though and glad to hear yours is now working!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update - fitted a JVC AVX 730 head unit to the car.

Before:
Posted Image

During:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

Head unit up close - a little dusty :p
Posted Image

Wires all routed to the glove box - ipod connection and aux input
Posted Image

1 - 20 of 26 Posts