Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if the headlights with the built in fog lights would be a straight swap for the original headlights? Or do I need adapters?

·
Registered
882 Posts
It's a big job if you want it oem. You will need a loom from kufatec with their relay and also a new switch with front fog capability.

·
Registered
88 Posts
the headlight is just the foge wont work fogs are easiy to do simple way is to go to a scrappie and get a relay and holder from a car with foge (so it fits in the relay cage like oem) and the plugs on the headlights then remove the pin of the fog wire i found a paperclip easest (even eaiser just to buy the relavent repair wire from delears)then its simple pit pins into the plugs on youre car loom trace a wirw from drivers side (al beit not happy with it i tucked in the slampannle) the folloe imagewerxs (hope i spelt it wright) s guid on s sub install to get through to the cabin then remove the glove box and go across there behinde the radio the the relay on the relay / swtich side of things i can help more if you want but satring at the haynes manule and figuring all the why questions out and it workes (the relay does the auto off with headlight s up) it does mean you have little choice but to CARFULLY cut and solder and heatshrink two wires in the fuse box. i didnt like doing it dunno why tho

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Big job? Seriously? Blah! It's a doddle, switch from the breakers £10, set of headlights with fogs, add in the extra wire to each side and run them straight to the switch, job done. You only need the relay if you want the fogs to go off when the main beam comes on but there's no law on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.