Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I’ve been trying to fine anything on internet how to get set of amber indicators lenses for my headlights like R32 have, does anyone here have any ideas of how to make them amber or where can I get any lenses as on picture I have show below?

just to let you know guys my headlights are normal halogen headlights not xenon ones.

many thanks for any help !

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Grille

· Registered
11,651 Posts
you take them from a set of standard headlights, as they aren't sold separate, afaik. Now your best bet is a scrappie but you'll need to ask them if they got busted headlights otherwise they'll charge you full price for the set you are breaking.

· Registered
Golf V6 4Motion
35 Posts
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Tire Automotive tire Tread

Made these a while ago, I'm planning on switching to projectors fairly soon so I might be selling these in a few weeks time if you're interested. You'll need the indicator housing off a scrap headlight, and some orange lens paint. Here's the main steps in making them;

1. Remove glass from headlights and take out the inner housing
2. Remove the lower fog lights (unsure if headlights without a fog light can be removed) and the indicators
3. Spray all plastic indicator covers with orange lens paint til desired colour is reached
4. Reattach indicators and glue scrap indicator to where the fog light was.
5. Wire new indicators in parallel
6. Reattach lens with silicone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts