Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok just bought a double din head unit for my mk4 golf gti but im having issues getting it going, normally in any headunit i have fitted before you just unplug the 2 blocks and plug in the new unit and away you go, with this mk4 i have the standard gamma tape player, a preset equalizer up front, a nokia amp and a 6 disc changer in the boot, before i go puling all the leads about is ther a guide or advise anywhere as what to remove etc as i dont need any of this just to plug mine in connected to the standard speakers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea all works fine its just how do i remove all the old stuff and plug in my new one? its a kenwood ddx 5022 double din

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
Only a few of the DSP equipped cars had an extension loom plugged into the original ISOs and tucked away behind the glovebox.Most had a completely different loom that was fully integrated into the cars loom,so you'll have to unplug the amp and run four pairs of speaker cables from the boot to the back of the new headunit.

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
You'll need to have a look behind the glovebox to see if there's an ISO loom there,if there is you're lucky and can plug your new radio into it,if not come on down!

Chris.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts