Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fitted another head unit, replaced aerial and aerial lead but am still getting inteferance on my radio. Connected up aerial power feed as well. The only thing i havent replaced is the earth wire or checked the connection. My question is where is the earthing point located on a mk2 ibiza. I know of one near to the fuse box drivers side, is it ok to use that?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
On the Mk IV Golf at least, the earthpoint for the radio etc is on the main crossbeam support under the dash skin in the middle.

On the RHD Golf look on the right side of the radio cage right up the top of it where the crossbar is.

You have to virtually pop out the instrument cluster to get access to the bolt on the earthpoint.

Don't know on the Ibiza.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cheers, dont know if its worth taking the instrument cluster out to see if its behined there. In the Haynes manual it says its on the battery earth mounting point but im not sure where that is

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
grounded to earth by fuse box but still get inteference on fm. Am however is fine. Tried using autoleads booster does not make any diffirence.

WHat else can I try?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol - im hard work! i meant phantom power supply

gonna try another ground point one that does not have any other earth cables going into it.. maybe that will help.

On the new aerial i bought there is a power cable running down the aerial lead which i have connected up to the aerial power feed (blue cable) on back of stereo. to power feed at base of aerial which is what im using instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts