Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my way to work this morning and there was a serious plume of smoke coming out back. pulling up at the traffic lights i nearly gassed myself to death. after a mile long drive and seriously leaving everyone behind me in a cloud of death i feared the worst. head gasket....or poss turbo seals. after getting my dad to have a look he said hed have to test it to tell. we did the obvious - checked the hoses, all ok. took the catch tank off and opened it up - wow....[:O]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ill be keeping an eye on it more often from now on! the condensation build up has been freezing up and blocked the engine breather lol. it doesnt help that i only do short journeys so the engine heat is never enough to melt it. that and its constantly below 0 up here. panic over [:D]

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i never searched it tbh. made my day though finding out it was a chunk of ice and not a knackered engine [^o)] will defo monitor it every week from now on in this weather [Y]

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
no worries mate, I wasn't having a pop at you not searching [:)] It's just with the extreme cold it's become apparent that it's a problem for a few people [y] Linked this thread into the PCV thread too if you don't mind mate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.