Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally insured myself on my dad's motor just in time before he goes away for a couple of weeks. Not the best pictures but you get the idea...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This car is amazing to drive, I cant stop grinning!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the SL350, 3724cc 6cyl 18v and 245bhp. Doesn't sound alot for a heavy car like the SL considering the R32 has almost that amount of bhp but the SL still shifts and in such a refined manner.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Very nice, you lucky B'stard!! hehe

Just take care in it, I am sure your old man will not be pleased if its scratched or you wrap it around a lamp post.

Have fun for 2 weeks

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey mate wicked car and u will enjoy it, on another note do what i do work in the family business and get a family fleet insurance policy means i can drive the old mans cars anytime i want!!!!!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Cool mota [:D]

Quote: posted by Carlos on 30/04/2004 23:46:11

That brake pedal is MASSIVE!

Posted Image

Thats cos its an Auto [;)]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm driving it really gently, its just nice cruising in it and not flooring it. My dad and I have worked hard for this car and as bjs said, the last thing I wanna do is wrap it round a lamp post.

Its no comparison, but driving this car reminds me of driving my BMW when I had it.. its just so easy and requires no effort at all but the power is there when you want it - all you got to do is put your foot down.

I've got the car to drive pretty much whenever I want. We bought it for the both of us to drive but we had trouble finding insurance at a decent price coz i'm under 25. I bought the Golf coz i'm still in uni and the BMW attracted the wrong people plus I wanted to save some of the money from the insurance payout (BMW was stolen).

Hope the weather gets better so that I can put the roof down [:D]

·
Registered
907 Posts
Dan hope you have loads of fun with it mate, as you said just take it easy. I had loads of fun driving my Dad's SL.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Savage beast. Mate of mine, her dad has a CHIPPED one.

Enjoy and nice to see you have a lot of respect for such a powerful mota.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Even though it's an auto I see you get the spare "free" clutch pedal [:D]

I hate those foot operated park brakes, they foul where your foot is if you are driving spiritedly and need somewhere to brace yourself round corners etc.

Not as irritating as on manual mercs (SLK excepted) - then not only is is still in the way but all THREE other pedals are offset towards the door! Quality or what? In an emergency I'm sure someone must have tried to stamp on the "handbrake" rather than the clutch [V]

No disrespect to your motor though. [:D]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts