Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have a 2001 (Immo2) Golf, the full version of VagCom 10.6 and VagTacho 2.5 and looking to code a key as my car only come with one. My plan was to grab the code with VagTacho then use VagCom for the rest. So, got the code, lets call it "11022" tried both 17-Intrements and 25-Immobiliser and cant log in. I also tried codes "02211" and "01122" as I've seen here that it should start with a "0", but have also seen that I should only get 4 digits but I got 5?

[help] !

Regards,

Mark.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah I thought it would only have 4 digits but have 5....?

So, scanning and getting a skc from VagTacho like '12034' is wrong? Should I try scanning with VagTacho again?

I know you guys get dumb ass questions all the time but I have looked at this all over the .net and the results I'm getting are inconsistant with what is normal from what I have read :)

Mark

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah mine was exactly like until the end. When I start up VagTacho this big box comes up with boxes 'Enter SKC or Scan', might have been something else than Enter SKC I cant remember. I clicked scan then all the above in your post came up then the first box came up again with the code 12034 and Loggin or the like (made up code but not in the expected format 1234 and deffo 5 digits and deffo '0' in the middle).

Ever seen that before Neil?

Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right well after using first my Mac, then my sister's PC, then buying a old IBM T23 running XP SP3, 15+ scans and still getting 5 digits with a '0' in the middle I have now decided that all the possiblities except a faulty cable have been exhausted. I also have noticed at the top of the Vag Tacho screen there is a report something along the lines of......

'No 12 volt supply to cable'

Spose that could even be the car although everything works in VCDS?

Thanks to the above for trying to help with my situation, it is appriciated [:)]

Mark.

edit: I have the BB0/MM0 (or something lke that) clocks after all Neil.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts