Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my local dealer to fit this for ?150 + VAT whilst they finish doing the new rear [@]

Looking forward to using it!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well to be honest chap I've ssen various quotes from around ?150 - ?250!! But if you suggest to a dealer can they do this work for ?150 + VAT (as you have seen it advertised at this price) then they should be quite willing [;)]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well to be honest chap I've ssen various quotes from around ?150 - ?250!! But if you suggest to a dealer can they do this work for ?150 + VAT (as you have seen it advertised at this price) then they should be quite willing [;)]
Ha ha, yeh, good idea that mate, i'll try that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
is that with all parts and everything? did u have to pay VAT on top, and was it a VW main dealers. if so thats a brilliant price!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes mate, VW main dealer, VAT on top so ?176.25 + all parts etc included [:)] As I understand it, 2006 models need only a new indicator stalk + VAG-Com activation, 2005 models need a n extra wire as far as I know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't believe they do this when Cruise is ?270 as a fitted option!!!!!! VW now list parking sensors as an accessory that can be fitted by the dealer.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well well well, ended up a little over the original quote but undoubtedly worth it, it does absolute wonders for the fuel economy [:D]

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've always steered away from cruise control ('scuse the pun) as I've heard from people that have it, the speeds on the mway change so much that it becomes a pain to keep setting it. On the continent however, the driving is much different. Now I've never had CC so I can't comment, but I'd love to hear if you think the people I've been talking to are talking rubbish. Is it something that once you've got, you never go back from?

I think it'll be on my wishlist of mods, mainly as I'm driving to the south of France in the summer and quite fancy saving some fuel costs. [:)]

·
Registered
178 Posts
Dave

I know what you are saying. I have had cruise on all my cars for the last 5 or so years(BMW standard fit), and I found it a pain to use on busy motorways. It is amazing the amount of people who speed up and then slow down for no apparant reason even on relatively clear roads.I find myself just overtaking someone on the motorway for them to start to speed up slightly so I have to pull in behind, then with no further adjustment I am catching them up again, for the whole process to start again. The only time I do find it a real bonus is when I want to limit my speed, like when in W'way roadworks with cameras/police speed check areas, or on roads where I know the police mount mobile cameras in different areas. It just stops you creeping over the limit without realising. In saying that my new GTi doesnt have cruise, but at ?150, I may just get it fitted in the next few months if only for the reason above.

Steve

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I use it on the long motorway runs, yes when it gets busy you have to be careful, but being observant about what is going on around you means you don't have to alter it too much at all.  Belgium is considering banning the use of CC, becuase they hav had a few pile up's attributed to it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The CC on the golf is no where near as good as other systems.  Increasing/decreasing your speed using the +/- is a waste of time, it takes to long to react and you cant set a speed via the MFD.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Decrease is slow yes (although I can't understand how any cars could differ, it's a gravity thing surely?!) but the acceleration is great so far!

·
Registered
894 Posts
The CC on the golf is no where near as good as other systems. Increasing/decreasing your speed using the +/- is a waste of time, it takes to long to react and you cant set a speed via the MFD.
The cruise is mean't to be used when it is safe to do so.

If you need to be increasing / decreasing your speed setting using the + / - control it seems to me to be defeating the whole object of setting cruise in the first place.

Incidently the clicking up or down is designed to allow you fine control over speed settings not some kind of launch control.

If you need to react quickly breaking instantly overrides the system & you can accelerate out of situations which again overrides the cruise.

I find the cruise on the Golf works as its designed to.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The CC on the golf is no where near as good as other systems. Increasing/decreasing your speed using the +/- is a waste of time, it takes to long to react and you cant set a speed via the MFD.
The cruise is mean't to be used when it is safe to do so.

If you need to be increasing / decreasing your speed setting using the + / - control it seems to me to be defeating the whole object of setting cruise in the first place.

Incidently the clicking up or down is designed to allow you fine control over speed settings not some kind of launch control.

If you need to react quickly breaking instantly overrides the system & you can accelerate out of situations which again overrides the cruise.

I find the cruise on the Golf works as its designed to.
Wow, thanks for that i now know what CC is meant to be used for.

·
Registered
894 Posts
.... Wow, thanks for that I now know what CC is meant to be used for.

---------------------------------------------------------

[:|][Y]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts