Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a clearout as im moving places in the next couple of months. also upgrading my PC so a couple of bits will need to go! Thought id offer them up to you guys before i stick them on ebay!

• ASROCK 939Dual - SATA2 - **SOLD**
  • 80GB ATA HDD -**SOLD**
  • 74GB SATA Raptor HDD -**SOLD**
  • Nvidia 6800 128MB - AGP **SOLD**
  • PCI-e 2 port SATA controller
    • Adds two extra SATA ports to your PC. uses PCI-e 1x slot. uses SIL3114 controller. (I'll double check this when i get home)

All this stuff will be going on ebay towards the end of the week. let me know if anyone wants to make any offers! please PM me with any offers, any questions can be asked either by PM or in this thread!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is the best benchmark i could find....

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2004/10/04/vga_charts_iv/index.html

one you get to the benchmark chart, its the geforce 6800, not the ultra or GT. still a huge difference between that and the 9800.

Also, this card has been tested with windows vista and runs all the fancy effects with no trouble whatsoever. just thought id throw that in!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nope, not noisey at all. well no more than a regular hard drive! im looking for around ?50, plus ?5 postage. its only a couple of months old, and there quite expensive new.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Not noisy??! What do you call noisy!?

They tick over like the diesel version of the hard drive world! Anyway, ?50 is a good price and I would deffo reccomend it, but it's damn noisy!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
LOL! I often have massive clearouts of PC bits, I usually end up dumping them on my mate, the joke being that it's a BBS - Big Box of S*** [:D][Y]

Over the years I've gone from delivering the stuff in a small carrier bag up to large boxes in which every spare inch is packed with something. I once gave him a PC case sized box stuffed with cables that I didn't need, including about 200 CD-ROM audio cables and 100 SATA cables...

The biggest box I used was from a wall-mounted air conditioning unit, it was the size of a small coffin (funnily enough my mate drives a hearse for a living) and contained among other things a UPS, old scanner (the ones built like a tank) 4-pack of Carling Black Label and motherboards, cables, madras flavour Doritos, software, wireless routers, hubs...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

They tick over like the diesel version of the hard drive world! Anyway, ?50 is a good price and I would deffo reccomend it, but it's damn noisy!
but like the diesel version... there alot faster! hehe

obviously its a tad louder but with a helf decent case you wouldnt notice much difference.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts

You must be getting all the dud ones! I've installed millions of these, and just been next door to test one that's installed in a new build and they're no louder than any other drive we've used!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Crunch crunch crunnnnccccchhhhh.

Best way I can describe it! I've installed about 15 of them, they have all been as noisy, dependant on case. But I'm used to dell machines which you can hardly hear tick over!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts