Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i'm probably dreaming, but last week i bought myself a Candy White 1600 S five door for a goodprice off of e-bay.

On reading the chassis number i have discovered the car is built in Mosel. In all the time i have been around Golf 4's, i don't think i have ever seen another one built at Mosel. In addition to this my interior mirror back is in black, which i also find unusual because most of the ones i have seen have matched the headlining colour of Flannel grey.

Any advice or knowledge appreciated.

·
Registered
737 Posts
My second MKIV(a 99/T 1.8T) was built at the Mosel factory; my parents' 99/T 110TDI was also built there. White MKIVs are quite rare; especially GTIs.

·
Registered
579 Posts
My second MKIV(a 99/T 1.8T) was built at the Mosel factory; my parents' 99/T 110TDI was also built there. White MKIVs are quite rare; especially GTIs.
i dont think white is rare it's just a case of not many people wanting a white golf.i personally like white gti's but many people dont

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i dont think white is rare it's just a case of not many people wanting a white golf.i personally like white gti's but many people dont
....and thats exactly why they are rare, not alot of Golfs were ordered in white!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think only the 1.6 had a black rear view mirror cos i was after one and my mates old company car had one and that was a 1.6 obviously not definitive as an answer but i have heard it somewhere

Charlie

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
quite a few of the base models had a black mirror, but it was non auto dimming, and non rain sensitive, whearas im pretty certain the anni's mirror was.

Had to do digging when I changed to my black headlining

·
Registered
832 Posts
"Security sources say it is thought one of the bombers could have been in the white VW Golf, seized in East Finchley, north London, at some point."

[:O]

EDIT: Posted in wrong thread, sorry ! [:$]

·
Registered
737 Posts
My 99/T 1.8T had a black mirror. Regards the Anniversaries; I've looked at 3 in the last couple of days and none had a rain sensor/self-dim mirror but strangely the brochure showed it as standard fitment.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
My 99/T 1.8T had a black mirror. Regards the
Anniversaries; I've looked at 3 in the last couple of days and
none had a rain sensor/self-dim mirror but strangely the brochure
showed it as standard fitment.
And even stranger my Bora 1.6SE had a back mirror with rain sensors and
auto dip, as Bora SEs had this stock. So the part existed!

Bloody VW spec madness again

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
My 99/T 1.8T had a black mirror. Regards the Anniversaries; I've looked at 3 in the last couple of days and none had a rain sensor/self-dim mirror but strangely the brochure showed it as standard fitment.
And even stranger my Bora 1.6SE had a back mirror with rain sensors and auto dip, as Bora SEs had this stock. So the part existed!

Bloody VW spec madness again
That one I knew... a mate mentioned it to me when I was hunting for mine. no matter now... baby goes on saturday. [:(]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts