Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat went missing yesterday morning[:(]

He's a devon rex and has very liitle hair..... so doesnt usually go out much. He's really strange looking for a cat..... he looks like the liitle goblin off the sprite advert.

Got home last night from work still nothing.... went to look on the roads where i live to see if he'd been knocked down... nothing. Checked house from top to bottom.. not there. Checked my neighbours garage and he isnt there. phoned both local rspca's and not there either. (he's chipped (not by revo) so if someone does hand him in there is my address on his chip).

I think someone may have stolen him (because he is a pedigree and an unusual looking cat), he's been knocked down and scooped up, or he's trapped somewhere, or he froze to death last night somewhere. (he's not got much hair)

So im just wondering if youve had a cat go missing and if they ever turned up again and if they did how long was it.

He was my daughters favorite cat and she's started to ask where he is......

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate.

Our cat used to go missing for a week or two at a time and we discovered he was the otherside of town living down rabbit burrows! Other times he would just camp out at the neighbours for a bit. The longest we never saw him for is about 3 weeks and there are many other stories of cat's doing similar things.

Hope he turns up soon!

PS. Love the chipped comment [:D]

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate.

Our cat used to go missing for a week or two at a time and we discovered he was the otherside of town living down rabbit burrows! Other times he would just camp out at the neighbours for a bit. The longest we never saw him for is about 3 weeks and there are many other stories of cat's doing similar things.

Hope he turns up soon!

PS. Love the chipped comment [:D]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Last summer mine went missing for 2 days when it was really hot. She got trapped in someone's shed we think and had obviously not eaten or drunk in 2 days. She recovered quickly though. We printed off a load of flyers and posted them through every box on the estate asking them to check garages and outhouses - took ages to do as there are about 300 houses but it may have helped to get her back. Mine is a Bengal so equally desirable to thieves - though good luck in catching her!!

Hope he returns, he could be tucked up in someone's house that's something that does happen too.

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Yeh, my brother has 2 cats and you can guarantee that at least one of htem will go missing when I look after them. They've been known to go missing for up to a week. We also printed flyers and posted them through doors to see if anyone had seen him and to check their sheds / garages etc.

Maybe he's just loving his little adventure or someone has taken him in. You never know, someone might just feel really sorry for him as he's got no fur!!! Fingers crossed for him.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Yes, one of ours went for 2 MONTHS !!!He came back skinny but we reckon someone either locked him in thier house or he'd been locked in a shed .? ?He previusly had been missing for up to a week at a time.? ?So there is hope,?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Just checked that picture, Ilove that cat its great.? I'm just glad my missus hasnt seen it or she'd want one.??Hope he comes back .?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Yes, she went missing early one spring for almost 3 weeks, she came back very thin, I'm sure she'd been trapped in a shed or something, she was originaly a stray kitten about 8mth old when I got her, I think she got all Ray Mears ....

My brothers cat went missing ages ago, he was living on a new build site & the little bugger had got trapped under a garage floor being built, they had the fire brigade out & every thing to tear up the garage floor again, she actualy features in a book about cats going missing, famous or what !

I had a rabbit go missing recently too [:'(]

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He is a Devon Rex..... quite rare. Biggest problem was finding a breeder... There arent too many breeders and there is high demand for them.... so it may take you a good 3 months to maybe a year to get one if you want one.

He still hasent come back...... ive posted flyers on surrounding estate, put laminated flyers on every bus stop within 2 miles of my house, and searched everywhere 10+ times where i think he could be.

Ive activated his chip so he will come up as missing if he does get handed in, phoned all local vets / rspca / local concil cleansing department... (no cats have been scooped up recently in my area).

As each day goes by im sure he's been stolen...... he never strayed further than the garden and even when he had been locked out on a night b4, he has always been hanging around the back door/garden waiting to come in.

He wasnt a cheap cat either...... he cost me ?400.
Because of the type of hair devon rex's have, they are ideal for people who are usually allergic to cats / have asthma .

So if someone has seen him and knew what type of cat he was and fancied a devon rex for free i suppose he may have been stolen.
I think that this is far more likely than him getting stuck somewhere or getting lost.... just wasnt like him to wander.

My fingers are still crossed hoping he will come back...... Its been a week tomorrow.[:(]

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Well I do hope you get him back, might be worth another flyer drop as a week has passed.

With an active chip hopefully if he has been stolen he will get scanned at a Vets some time and you'll get him back.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Thought you may have got him back by now. Neighbours cat went 2 weeks ago she got it back yesterday, cat was in the back garden Sunday morning, dirty stop-out.. Hope yours gets back home soon matey.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[6] [6][6][6][6][6][6][6]

Im spitting feathers at the mo......

Just had a phone call. (number withheld)

Someone asking about my cat and how much the reward was as they knew where he was......
I said if they come to my house and i will give them the reward on safe return of my cat.
The person kept asking how much the reward was and i kept telling them to come to my house and i will let them know.

Then they just hung up.......

Strange how its been a week today he went missing and i get a call today of some idiot.

I await to see if i get a call back..... (and if i find out who it is..... may god have mercy)

(is there anyway of finding out a withheld number to your phone??)

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think you will have to pay whatever you see as a reasonable reward if they can prove they have the cat. If you refuse to they will not just give you the cat back as they were scum enough to catnap it in the first place, even if they are not sick enough to hurt it deliberately they will definitely not look after it as well as you do and I expect if they don't think they will get anything for it they will just dump it somewhere in the middle of nowhere and from the look of it I can't see if surviving.

Be smart if you do hand over the money, involve the police (although I doubt they will do anything and whereever the handover takes place have some mates parked nearby to follow them without arrousing too much suspicion.

See if one of them can get a reasonable picture of the guy or his reg number and take it from there, revenge is a dish best served cold as there will always be less to tie you too it further down the line.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Any news mmuuzzyy?

As for Yohan's comment i believe that they can but the quicker its reported the easier it gets

1 - 20 of 30 Posts