Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its blowing a bloody gale and hurling it down with rain again today - the same as last Thursday. 99mph winds on the Isle of Wight this morning......but its still 14 degrees down south.

And in Malibu, about 10 days ago they had huge fires due to heat ( and probably a disgarded cigarette )...now they have snow and ice...

I want snow - not 14 degrees - its supposed to be winter for gawd's sake..

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The weather has indeed gone bonkers... which is slightly disturbing as you cant help but feel we are on the edge of a climate change of some description, however the worst thing is this will just give the bloody lefty do gooders, and Eco Warriors more ammo for their campaigns against the motorist.. [:(] I only want snow on 3 conditions: First we have a 6ft dump of the stuff, 2nd I have plenty of provisions in the house and 3rdly it snows to the point where getting to work is impossible!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Its blowing a bloody gale and hurling it down with rain again today - the same as last Thursday. 99mph winds on the Isle of Wight this morning......but its still 14 degrees down south.

And in Malibu, about 10 days ago they had huge fires due to heat ( and probably a disgarded cigarette )...now they have snow and ice...

We are nearly stranded on island at present.

The only car ferry running is taking twice as long as normal to get here and is quite an experance if you are not used to it.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only want snow on 3 conditions: First we have a 6ft dump of the stuff, 2nd I have plenty of provisions in the house and 3rdly it snows to the point where getting to work is impossible!!
haven't had snow like that down in Surrey since....err...forever

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I only want snow on 3 conditions: First we have a 6ft dump of the stuff, 2nd I have plenty of provisions in the house and 3rdly it snows to the point where getting to work is impossible!!
haven't had snow like that down in Surrey since....err...forever
I think that the last time it snowed properly in Sheffield was about 1994 when I was at school.. [:'(]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Just had to move my car to make sure the metal dumpsters being blown around at 30MPH by this ridiculous gale don't cause horrendous damage to it...
Very very windy here!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I have to work from home if I can't go in - as i'm doing right now - so we have a bad weather contingency plan at work to maintain work whilst people can't get into work [:S]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
nearly shat my pants this morning, did a delivery late yesterday arvo in works curtain sided van, so after the delivery i took the van home. had to drive it 20 miles into work this morning. 3 times i had brown trouser moments when i seriously thought the van was going to blow over!! was carrying no weight in the back so didnt make things any better. A555 bypass was closed due to heavy flooding.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have to work from home if I can't go in - as i'm doing right now - so we have a bad weather contingency plan at work to maintain work whilst people can't get into work [:S]
Unlucky mate, my bad weather contingency plan would be to stay in bed.. [:D], I guess I could do some work from home if I had to as we have remote desktop.. but I'm sure I could find an excuse as to why I couldn't do any work.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well i work form home all the time so the fact that it is blowing oak tress over outside makes no difference, unless of course one comes through my roof! :-(

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Unlucky mate, my bad weather contingency plan would be to stay in bed.. [:D], I guess I could do some work from home if I had to as we have remote desktop.. but I'm sure I could find an excuse as to why I couldn't do any work.
hehe - well i'm waiting for out new dining table to be delivered this morning so am sat on the sofa on the lappy. the VPN is damn slow via dial up though - adsl still not ready til friday - we moved in on the 16th december ! [:mad:]

·
Registered
409 Posts
nearly shat my pants this morning, did a delivery late yesterday arvo in works curtain sided van, so after the delivery i took the van home. had to drive it 20 miles into work this morning. 3 times i had brown trouser moments when i seriously thought the van was going to blow over!! was carrying no weight in the back so didnt make things any better. A555 bypass was closed due to heavy flooding.
Can you not tie the curtain sides back when you're driving? Then the wind goes straight through...

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Can you not tie the curtain sides back when you're driving? Then the wind goes straight through...
got no straps to tie them back with. was an experiance anyway!!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I think it's pretty bad everywhere.

Was in the docs this morning working, someone came in with a nasty nasty looking hand. He was just getting out of his car, put his hand on the roof to pull himself out of his seat (quite an elderly bloke) and the wind caught the door and slammed it shut [+o(]

I walked away, go to giddy when I see stuff like that!

The motorbike in my space is on it's side, few tree's down. Had worse though.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Its bad down here

I was woken up by it this morning.

I had to force my way out the front door to the car.

I had a 7.5 ton lorry swerve in front of me on the way to work, the wind obviously caught it

My car is now covered in pine branches in the carpark.

And my weatherproof zippo won't light

Happy days. Roll on the calm and cold...

·
Registered
4,628 Posts

Yes!

C

1 - 20 of 20 Posts