Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy, I am very close to getting my car tuned by chipped UK, I just need my mind making up. I cannot afford or currently justify the costs of revo etc so as far as I can see its either this or nothing.......

Has anyone had any problems after Chipped UK has worked on their car?

Has anyone had their car on a rolling road to show the results?

Any comments on the changes to your car.....how much has it improved performance, effects on mpg....basically anything you think is worth mentioning.

What bhp and torque figures do you think you cars are putting out?

Just need my mind making up........

Many thanks

Sam

Sam

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't think anyone is going to dare comment after the last few threads.

I personlly think they sound proffessional and would give them a
try. I don't think you get as much power out as revo but still
sounds worth it for the low cost. And the guy sounds very
passionate about his work which is a good sign.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He has quoted me ?225 and recons he can get 152bhp......Im guessing thats maybe a bit ott? but do you think I will get a significant increase on what I have already got as standard?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Big difference!

The car pulls smoother and gets up to naughty speeds quickly enough for me. Should be getting it RR'ed when Jayson has it fitted so I should have some figures at some point.

Give it a try - if you don't like it he'll return it to standard for you!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi mate,

I spoke to chipped aswell about my 115pd 6 speed, he has quoted me similar figures and price, im going down next month to get mine sorted. Its just ive got to drive from the northwest to brum thats only holding it up for me. I cant complain at that price and if im not happy out it comes, nothing to loose tbh.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok let me know how you get on.....I wont be able to make it till after uni now anyway because Im not heading up that way for the next couple of weeks....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the plug bogstandard, nice to hear you are still happy with your remap... as am I. The car seems to have got a bit quicker still over the past few weeks. I have had a go against a mate in his Clio Trophy and I was pulling on him... not by a massive amount but enough for him to mention it himself! Not bad for a diesel really.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So what engine do you have Jespin? Just trying to get an idea here before I commit my hard earned cash....

·
Registered
920 Posts
He has quoted me ?225 and recons he can get 152bhp......Im guessing thats maybe a bit ott? but do you think I will get a significant increase on what I have already got as standard?
i thought the cost was ?150 all in ?

any more and try simon at upsolute

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine is a 150bhp PD remapped to around the 195-200bhp mark... yet to know for sure as I haven't had her on the rollers yet.

·
Registered
487 Posts
He has quoted me ?225
and recons he can get 152bhp......Im guessing thats maybe a bit ott?
but do you think I will get a significant increase on what I have
already got as standard?
i thought the cost was ?150 all in ?

any more and try simon at upsolute
The prices were about ?150 but many people from this site were
suspicious of the price, thinking it related to bad quality, gave the
guy quite a hard time - so I guess they put their prices up

·
Registered
658 Posts
The initial prices were to get the ball rolling, we didnt have much feedback on the forum so thought if we offered a discounted price it would be a foot in the door but this turned out to be a mistake as people took it the other way thinking it was a cheap product when in fact our setup is amongst the best in the UK.

If you look in the golf/bora section you will see someone who has had theres done last week and was over the moon.

We have done 16 off the forum now without a hitch apart from the one problem which i wont go into,

We have an 1800hp 4wd rolling road so can give before and after power runs as well as live/custom mapping at better prices than most charge for generic.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well after my remap by chippeduk and its any excuise to go out in my car, the car really brings a smile to my face and i have to say 2nd and 3rd gear are such a pleasure. Car pulls like the A Train [:D]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts