Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Bill if revo offered a code for the new 2.0 gti I would also recommend them but as yet I beleive they dont, have Jabba sorted one out yet ?

As these are other options rather than the overpriced in my opinion AMD.

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Quote: posted by Badger5 on 24/02/2005 22:07:22Needs >300bhp to light my fire.. as its a heavy beast as are all new veedubs [:(!]

I suspect I have a major problem in choosing my next car tho.. as not much (affordable) comes to mind for what I have gotten used to. [^]

How about the rumour of the "light-weight GTI" that is pipelined?

I say light-weight but a Challenger Tank is light weight compared to VW in recent times![:eek:)]

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
The main difference is that take revo's code has been developed by them and they have knowledge in detail of the finner points of how it works, AMD on the other hand and somebody please correct if I am wrong buy in a code rather than developing it in house.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Quote: posted by splendub on 09/03/2005 13:03:17

oh right thanks walrus so Revo sound the better choice then? especially if they develop their own software?

Thats right Revo's code is the dogs apparently. Not that its available yet as its still undergoing extensive R&D. Pooperchips code was rushed to market after being developed on the Audi FSI-T car as soon as that was available and has therefore been available before the GTI MkV was launched. It is a load of pants tho because a Revo dealer told me.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Thats right Revo's code is the dogs apparently. Not that its available yet as its still undergoing extensive R&D. Pooperchips code was rushed to market after being developed on the Audi FSI-T car as soon as that was available and has therefore been available before the GTI MkV was launched. It is a load of pants tho because a Revo dealer told me.

Lol! Remaps really does bring out the female doginess in people much like the old Xbox vs PS2 debates. In reality I don't believe there's much to choose between most of the remaps in terms of actual performance. What does separate them perhaps is the extras such as warranties.

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Superchips and DMS autmotive are some of the few companies that buy in demonstators, and develop code on them, and they do a good job of it. Superchips got a bad rep because they approached the market using dealers who male chickened things up for them.

I can see a couple of other tuning companies having similar issues, because they've set up dealer networks, shift lots of product, so mistakes can occur.

Mostly though all these companies sell good product.

Superchips have a habit of being first to market, with a good product.

Others have an equaly good product, but take longer to get to market as they may offer other features that the latest ECU doesn't want to play ball with.

Others buy in base maps with mapping software from italian and german companies, and spend a few hours mapping the car.

Others get an ecu in with a competitors map on and do a straight copy and then charge more money for it. [:D]

Personally if I wanted a map for a 2.0T I'd probably go to superchips direct if I wanted one now, or one of the German chip suppliers.

Once revo or apr get their product to market, I would take a serious look at theirs too.

I would only discount AMD on a cost basis.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.