Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
in their latest adverts they have a picture of a red mk5 GTi, do you mean that? Just because they have a pic of it though, doesn't mean it belongs to them.

The fact they have no pricing info yet for mk5 gti tuning suggests they havent done it yet!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quote: posted by ChrisB on 16/02/2005 09:14:52

in their latest adverts they have a picture of a red mk5 GTi, do you mean that? Just because they have a pic of it though, doesn't mean it belongs to them.

The fact they have no pricing info yet for mk5 gti tuning suggests they havent done it yet!

Not so, I drove it yesterday, all day! I was impressed. It is their own car, has their stage 2 mengine mods i.e. re-map/Milltek combo plus -30mm H & R springs and 19" Sportecs.

Very progressive power increase, made the performance of mine seem somewhat lethargic afterwards. Handling nicely improved too.

·
Registered
277 Posts
**** - what was the suspension set up like - did it seem to handle okay with it being just a spring change? Did it look lower than your standard GTI (slightly or a lot)? I'm trying to decided what to do with mine - lower springs only, a coilover kit or nothing! Have you done anything at all to yours yet - suspension, body, wheels, tuning etc.?

Cheers, Trev.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Quote: posted by M1K VW on 16/02/2005 12:16:41

Quote: posted by ChrisB on 16/02/2005 09:14:52

Not so, I drove it yesterday, all day! I was impressed. It is their own car, has their stage 2 mengine mods i.e. re-map/Milltek combo plus -30mm H & R springs and 19" Sportecs.

Very progressive power increase, made the performance of mine seem somewhat lethargic afterwards. Handling nicely improved too.

I stand corrected. So when you having the stage 2 done then ****!?!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine is booked in for next wednsday no exhaust available until mid march, but may consider the springs once i've had a go in there demo.

Mik the power del was still smooth and not to peeky this is good news.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quote: posted by TurboTrev on 16/02/2005 13:02:20

**** - what was the suspension set up like - did it seem to handle okay with it being just a spring change? Did it look lower than your standard GTI (slightly or a lot)? I'm trying to decided what to do with mine - lower springs only, a coilover kit or nothing! Have you done anything at all to yours yet - suspension, body, wheels, tuning etc.?

Cheers, Trev.

I liked the suspension actually, for just a spring change it def sharpened the cornering and cross-country it absorbed bumps well. It looks slightly lower than standard. I drove it for PVW, doing back-to-back testing with my standard GTI for next month's issue and so I've got side by side pics which I'll post. Here's a couple:-

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mine's still untouched (for now!), just piling the miles on it, it's done over 2000 already! I was tempted to just drive the AmD demo home and keep it to be honest!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
O flipping heck... I hate you guys for having a new GTI because I want one! lol

I would be tempted to put some RS6 alloys on the GTI, would look mint IMO.

God forbid what that AMD car is like to drive, the stock one is fast enough for me!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, had my done and am very pleased with the results have only done 200 miles (120 in the snow the way home!!) in it, so will give a fuller report once i have done a few more miles. But first impressions are very pleasing the good increase in torque has made 6 gear even more useable.

Mik did you have the car on wednsday as i know it was off on a press run after i had a lift to the station in it.

IMHO i thought the suspension was very good but a little harsh in combination with the wheels! but i didn't buy a Gti to appreciate the smooth ride. However i did think the exhaust stuck out a little far for my liking and seemed to boomy for mileage, detracting from the subtle Gti enhancments.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by Geeba on 24/02/2005 19:55:27

compaired to what thou Bill? your IHI Jabba monster or a MK4 chipped T?

compared to my cupra, my old Mk4, my wifes Lupo, my S8 etc... its dead slow, but dont get me wrong its very capable and well handling even in std trim. Needs >300bhp to light my fire.. as its a heavy beast as are all new veedubs [:(!]

I suspect I have a major problem in choosing my next car tho.. as not much (affordable) comes to mind for what I have gotten used to. [^]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Did you have the suspension fitted? I just spoke with them and they advised ?390+Vat for the springs fitted which seems quite steep but they said lowers by 30mm.

Was yourts the car that got 252 on the rollers? - how impressed ar you by the remap?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts