Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well some of you might remember i was having to take halfrauds to court over the wrong paint they mixed me up

well the rolled over before the court date and sent me a cheque for ?790

one nil to me [:D]

·
Registered
566 Posts
That is so good of you to stick to your guns! I went to collect my car from VW Chiswick this morning for some warranty work (a glovebox light which they fitted after previously destroying it) and the drivers side front-seat pull handle which had come off in my hand (a common MkIV problem?) . Now tell me, if the car is still under warranty, should the repairs have been done for free? I argued this point and they told me they would not release the car until I paid the funds. So we reached a stale mate and for now they have taken my bank card details with a promise not to charge it and will sort the matter out on Monday.

~ Maxie [:S]

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is so good of you to stick to your guns! I went to collect my car from VW Chiswick this morning for some warranty work (a glovebox light which they fitted after previously destroying it) and the drivers side front-seat pull handle which had come off in my hand (a common MkIV problem?) . Now tell me, if the car is still under warranty, should the repairs have been done for free? I argued this point and they told me they would not release the car until I paid the funds. So we reached a stale mate and for now they have taken my bank card details with a promise not to charge it and will sort the matter out on Monday.

~ Maxie [:S]
i was under the impresion that anything under warrenty was free

thats the whole point of it being a warrenty

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
That is so good of you to stick to your guns! I went to collect my car from VW Chiswick this morning
Maxie, gave Phil a call and am popping down to Chiswick VW on Monday for them to have a quick look at my driver's seat before saying how much it'd cost to repair - I said another dealership had quoted a whole base and this was unacceptable to me and that I was happy to repair it if I had thr relavant bits or if it wasn't expensive for them to do.

Seemed like a decent guy and we had a short chat on the phone

·
Registered
368 Posts
surprised halfords paid out because it aint reallyyyyyy their
fault. Paint was mixed exactly as it should have been and in the
en, it turned out to be the company that supply the color cards and
recipies that was at fault. Its really their fault!!!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
surprised halfords paid out because it aint reallyyyyyy their fault. Paint was mixed exactly as it should have been and in the en, it turned out to be the company that supply the color cards and recipies that was at fault. Its really their fault!!!
yes but I didnt buy the paint from the company i bought it from halfrauds so they are liable as far as i am concerned

IF they wanted to take it up with the paint company then that is entiely up to them

If you ordered a brand new car and it turned up a different colour from the one you ordered would you be happy if the dealers told you to take it up with VW? dont think so

The blame lies with the supplier and it is up to them to then take it further

·
Registered
83 Posts
^^^Yep Craig is right the contract is with halfords so it is them that
have to recover the money from te supplier not you the cutomer...

·
Registered
368 Posts
ye but do they not put a sticker on the tin saying that you must test
the paint first??? Therefore, as this was not done, they are not
responsible for having to respray the whole section of bodywork as it
should have only been a bit that was painted the wrong colour.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Come on we're splitting hair here.  You can never really tell what a colour is like until it's set, hardened and laquered on a car.  As been said before Halfords took the money, Halfords are responsible for supplying the wrong colour against the one that was chosen.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ye but do they not put a sticker on the tin saying that you must test the paint first??? Therefore, as this was not done, they are not responsible for having to respray the whole section of bodywork as it should have only been a bit that was painted the wrong colour.
maybe on a spray can of paint but not on a tin of pre-mixed car paint for proper spray gun use

still have the original tin if you would like a pic of it [;)]

also you try testing paint when it is masked up and in an oven and see how you get on

i mean if your the be all and end all of halfrauds then tell us where can you test it so it wont mess up the panel ?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TBH i was put off the golf because of all the probs i have had and the fact that VW customer service is non existant

But i do like them so i shall see what is about when the time come [;)]

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
craig any chance of seeing the pic?
i assume you mean a pic of the miss match in colour ?

this is prob the best one to see. look at the difference between the tail gate and quarter

Posted Image

1 - 18 of 18 Posts