Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Can't see why this would be a fake.[:^)]

1. They obviously have better roads than us.
  2. Flat sandles.
  3. Fine sand on the road would reduce the friction between the sandle and the road.

GOOF

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very good, but has to be fake!!
Why do you say that?

My mate would do this on his motorbike, but ok he had moto-x boots on
1) Friction

2) Lack of smoke

3) The spacing

Still funny though [y]
hmmm

My mate used to do this off his motor bike, his boots didnt smoke and wasnt a problem with friction.

So cant see why you would get smoke or so much friction this wouldnt be possible.

Look at the speed of the car, your telling me the friction would stop them...

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Dont get me wrong, not doubting it is possible, and I have done it myself, but if you are sliding along the road on the soles of your shoes at that speed for that amount of time, you are going to generate a lot of heat. Therefore one of three (or all three) would happen;

1) Shoes would disintegrate.

2) Shoes would heat up to the point where they would catch fire or atleast start smoking.

3) The lad wearing them would get burnt feet.

In that clip, they are sliding for a good 1/2 mile, more than enough time to do any of the above.

[/?0.02]

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont get me wrong, not doubting it is possible, and I have done it myself, but if you are sliding along the road on the soles of your shoes at that speed for that amount of time, you are going to generate a lot of heat. Therefore one of three (or all three) would happen;

1) Shoes would disintegrate.

2) Shoes would heat up to the point where they would catch fire or atleast start smoking.

3) The lad wearing them would get burnt feet.

In that clip, they are sliding for a good 1/2 mile, more than enough time to do any of the above.

[/?0.02]
hahaa...i was thinking that as well.

Maybe...but how about if he has special soles on them..for road surfing?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Ha ha!

Saudi Man to shop assistant - I would like some special road surfing soles for my sandals please!

Having looked at that clip a few times now, there is no ice, no wheels and no oil/grease on those soles!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Those crazy Saudis! Thats absolutely ridiculous about 45 seconds in when that other car overtakes and nearly kills the bloke on the other side! Not really sure how their soles don't disitegrate, but then again that would be fairly hard to fake.

·
Registered
423 Posts
They look fairly agile and it looks as though the doors are taking a lot of their weight. I saw a video once with some crazy Arab pulling 360's on the motorway? Anybody seen it? Would like to see it again as it was berzerk.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
They look fairly agile and it looks as though the doors are taking a lot of their weight. I saw a video once with some crazy Arab pulling 360's on the motorway? Anybody seen it? Would like to see it again as it was berzerk.
a 360 on the bicycle you mean?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
1) Friction

2) Lack of smoke

3) The spacing

Still funny though [y]
Crazy vid, how would you fake it exactly though??
I've seen bikers do it, no smoke etc...if they have a suitable surface on their shoes it could work....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts