Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANYONE ELSE ON HERE HAD THERE CAR KEY'D??? HOW MAD DOES IT GET YOU?????

HAD A QUOTE TODAY FOR THE REPAIR ?850!!!!...I HAD ALL DOWN THE DRIVERS SIDE, THE BONNETT AND THE PASSAGER WING DONE!!!!

LEFT MY CAR IN DRIVE IN MY OWN DRIVE AND IN THE MORING IT LOOKED LIKE A DOT TO DOT GAME... IM SO GUTTED!!!

LUCKY FOR ME I JUST RE INSURED WITH ROWLAND SMITH IN LIVERPOOL AND GOT LIFETIME PROTECTED NO CLAIMS, STILL NEED TO PAY ?100 EXCESS THOUGH AND DRIVE AROUND IN MY KEY'D CAR FOR TWO WEEKS BEFORE IT GO'S IN TO GET THE REPAIR DONE....... IF I CAUGHT THE CULPRITS FOR THIS THERE WOULD BE A MURDER!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
[:S] gutted for you mate! unfortunately it's an all too familiar story of late, there were a couple of similar threads in here recently. More likely to be chav sc*m jealous that you have a nice car.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Feel sorry for you mate, happened to me last weekend outside the in-laws, broad daylight, fairly busy side street and the Bora sitting by itself. I can't get my head around this mindless vandalism, it seems to be on the increase as well, whats to stop these scum returning after we've had the repairs done?? I can see insurance premiums going up again!!!

I got NC protection with esure but only 1 claim in 1 year or 2 in 3 years is allowed, these scum could produce claims every other week!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Very sorry to hear that mate, I hope it all gets sorted out quickly and without any problems - But it is becoming an ever increasing issue with this happening to more and more people - Im thinking of investing in a car cover to put on whenever the car is on the drive, just so that it can't be seen as easily, or would this make it more of a target?!

Andy

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Im thinking of investing in a car cover to put on whenever the car is on the drive, just so that it can't be seen as easily, or would this make it more of a target?!

Andy
thats the problem. do we cover our cars to protect them? maybe the chavs will happen to walk past one day when we forget to put the cover on and key it even more so as they knew we were trying to protect it.

miln01782: Gutted for you mate. hope you get it sorted

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
sorry to hear mate

i see loads of these posts and i have a wierd gut feeling it will happen to me sooner or later. this is why im a bit scared to go and splash thousands of pounds on modifications to my car when some little cunt can come around to my house at 3am and key/paint strip my car.

:/

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sorry to hear this story yet again. My sympathies mate, as a fellow member to this ever growing club I can feel your pain. Unfortunately just some r's wipe that doesn't have a life, no girlfriend and his boyfriend always wants to be the man in their relationship. Its hard to do but forget it for now and batter someone at random in the newyear!!!!, merry crimbo.

Note: Obviously I don't condone violence in any way shape or form( unless you catch them,.......... just bury them deep!!)

Gadge

·
Registered
720 Posts
My dads and mine have both been done. Our cars are parked in a side street next to where we live, not light scratches either [:(] When it gets a bit better weather, going to have a go at getting them out...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it is on the increase then I suppose it is worrying....had a quote the other day of ?850 to get it done so its deffo an insurance job. I'm just worried that it will happen again once i get the job done. I think the cover is a good idea but im sure cars will still scratch through them.... Perhaps leaving a few 1000 volts running through my paintwork when the engine is off is a better idea......

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I didn`t get mine key'd but I was parked in a petrol station in
Northampton and some guy reversed next to me but got too close and
dented the drivers door and took a lot of paint off as well.

He
just looked and drove off at speed. Spoke to the people in he
petrol station and they didn`t want to know so I had a drive round but
couldn`t see him anywhere.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Merry xmas and sorry to hear about the incident. Things like keying are def. on the rise wherever you go in this country. Maybe we should all fit proximity alarms and keep a high power automatic electric rifle by the window so when the alarm catches a chav trying to key the car we can shoot up the miserable f**k like he's got hit by hundreds of tiny asteroids.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know how you feel right now!!

There was workmen in my street the other day and without knowing one of the f*ckers has run across the passenger back corner of my car an scrached it badly!

I know it was them as they have left their white van paint on my car!!

Goining to try and complain see if they will do anything.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had a 1.2 Micra for a whole VERY long month last winter after an old woman on a kamikaze mission took me out, bit like a motorised shopping trolly covered in lumps and bumps to....add style? enjoy it [*-)]

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate.  Reading these stories makes me apprehensive about even washing/waxing my car since a deep glossy wet look shine is inevitably going to attract more attention of the wrong kind. 

1 - 20 of 20 Posts