Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My golf went into the main dealer today for it's mot and service.

Anyway at around 4pm i get a call from the dealers saying the car was ready for collection!,So i guessed it had past it's mot as they hadn't called prior to that to discuss any work that needed doing.

The first thing i noticed on the job card as he went through the technician's report was that next to road test he had written (very quick!) and as i saw the writing he then said to me (what the heel's been done to your car)so i briefly went through the mods with him[^].

The bill came to ?246inc for the work which was more than we expected(we thought around ?160'ish) so he showed us on the price board that a 20000 mile service is normally ?317 but as we have always had the car serviced by them and we had a little ball's up over my brakes last time they gave me a discount![:)],At this point i cant expect any more so we walk through the workshop towards the customer car park and the service desk guy say's (oh and we gave it a valet for you as well!)

So all in all i left me golf with them this morning with only 1 week's mot left,Needing a service and also filthy and got it back all nice and shiny fully serviced and a year's mot on it[:D]

This is the first time i have left a vw main dealer's with a huge smile on my face,My wife thinks they may have seen the forum sticker's on the car and had a look and saw how we all have had at least 1 bad time at a vw main dealer[;)]

Plus my hi-flow milltek downpipe went straight through the emission's which i was a little worried about[^]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Good stuff mate, mine's going in for it's first MOT next monday, hope they treat it as well as yours! [:D]

Last time they had the car for a day they managed to crash it....! [:O][:(]

·
Registered
158 Posts
he showed us on the price board that a 20000 mile service is normally ?317

Whoa thats a bit much [:O]

I payed ?170 for a 18000 service last week at a main dealer

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

yeah but urs is a 1.6,thats why it only cost ?170

·
Registered
137 Posts
Quote: posted by glen1.8t on 14/04/2005 21:08:44

The first thing i noticed on the job card as he went through the technician's report was that next to road test he had written (very quick!) and as i saw the writing he then said to me (what the heel's been done to your car)so i briefly went through the mods with him[^].

This confirms my suspicion that the techs thrash the nuts off our cars when they do the 'road test'. I just hope they do it when the engine is properly warmed up.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Quote: posted by bone on 14/04/2005 22:02:23

he showed us on the price board that a 20000 mile service is normally ?317

My 20000 service is due pretty soon and i'm gonna ring them first to confirm how much it will be before i take it in, and if they tell me it's gonna be anywhere near the above figure of ?317 then guess where i WON'T be taking it! [}:)]

I'll just take it somewhere else! [;)]

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by MattyV5 on 14/04/2005 22:57:46

Hows do you find the lighting with the angel eyes ?

took a while to set the beam pattern up but fine now,i guess they must be ok as they passed mot[^]

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
glad you received good service Glen, and the car had no problems at service or MOT, the last thing you want is to pay out with littl'un about to arrive.

BTW which dealer was it please (name/location) [?]

·
Registered
911 Posts
Quote: posted by glen1.8t on 14/04/2005 23:42:09

Quote: posted by MattyV5 on 14/04/2005 22:57:46

Hows do you find the lighting with the angel eyes ?

took a while to set the beam pattern up but fine now,i guess they must be ok as they passed mot[^]

Did you set them up ? or someone else ?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you set them up ? or someone else ?

Just spent a few dark night's facing the fence at the end of my drive till i got the best beam pattern[:p]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Took mine in for a 60k service and had the brake fluid changed this week

cost me ?340

and the even gave it a wash and wax

that was down at lindvale down at romford essex

can't fault the service i had from them

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sweet Glen [^]

They must like you mate as i didnt get any sort of valet when i took mine to the same caffyns in feb for my 30k service, they didnt even call me to tell me it was ready - i called them at 4 (after they said they would call me at 3)- and then they casually said "yeah, its ready to collect"[}:)].

mine was ?205 without MOT, but im thinking the 20k service has more bits done (i just had lube, check, and brake fluid)?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
think they must do lol

or was it the fact that ive sent 4 people down there and they all ended up buying cars lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone reccomend a good garage to take my V5 to for a 40k service and to look at a suspension problem in central London (not a main VW dealer)??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts