Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes you guessed it, someone has done my drivers door lock in last night outside a pub.

Luckily they must of been disturbed or something because it doesn't look like they actually managed to get into the car!

will post a pic up shortly... anyone got any delocking kits forsale, reflex silver.

ta

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mysticmak: I know how you feel I have read so many posts on here and you always think "It will never happen to me" well it does! get it done before you suffer like I have.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Scum like that should have their hands chopped off!

De locking is one thing ive gotta get sorted, hope it doesnt cost to much to fix.

·
Registered
796 Posts
thats how easy it is to break in. if I were you I'd de-host that pic, its a bit of a give away. I'll edit this post shortly too

cheers

now edited

·
Registered
84 Posts
Bad luck![:(!] I keep promising my self to get this mod done but never get round to it! I know i live to regret it![:I]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Guys.....

I put a thing on the ''group buys you want to see''

But dont think anythings been done - so i went and did it myself -

Its such an easy thing - and will cost ?15 tops

3B4 839 167 - Housing

3B4 839 879 A - GRU Cap Primed

METAL DISC - FOC

Those are the bits you need

Dont forget the paint kit which will include your colour paint & lacquer....

Do a search on here to find out how to....

but its as simple as:

Pop out the plastic gromet on the side of the door which is just behind the lock effectively.....

Grab your torx - 6-7 turns to undo - NOT TOO FAR THO OTHERWISE IT FALLS OUT (& you have to remove door card)

as your loosening - keep pulling the handle - you will notice it all getting looser - eventually the lock section can be removed - just slides out

Carefully - with long nose pliers put the METALDISC (or 5p as some ppl use) into the recess you can see at the back of the hole youve just removed the lock from.

Insert you new - alloy cast blank lock

Push on the newly painted blanked off cap

Do your torx up

Put gromet back

Job done.............................

Took me 5 mins tops

Reflex is a hard colour to get right.....

Maybe worth a trip to the breakers - and nick one of a rear door already done?just a thought - Hope this helps guys

Lets stop the buggers....mind you if its not the lock its the window...but they are cheaper !!!!

Happy Days[:D]

·
Registered
493 Posts
Give stokeballoon a PM. He sold a load f kits, ready painted for a good price a while back and is thinking of doing it again.

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Reflexgolfologist - (with a name like that, are you a fan of Scooter by any chance - the German rave dude, not mopeds!)

Is that ?15 including the paint kit?

Is the "housing" part a lock barrel type thing, but without any key hole then?

·
Registered
84 Posts
No! Not into Rave really!

Reflex silver is the colour of my golf

Reflexologist.....just my warped twisted humour!

Yeah - that includes the paint

And yes the new part is the same as the old but hollow and no key insert in the front....its just a cast copy!

Do the disc part though - as this is like a 2nd line security feature to the mod - as it provides another layer of metab between the potential screwdriver and the bit we all know we are trying to protect![;)]

·
Registered
722 Posts
I am waiting for the painters tio get back to me, the last place i used has shut up shop, and I am having snags getting a good paintshop to be at least interested.

Will keep you posted.

SB

·
Banned
774 Posts
As I'd like to preserve the original look of my car would it possible to merely disable the lock rather than replacing it ie disconnect it from the mechanism?

That way I get to keep the original look and if the scum try it on they'll wonder why it isn't working.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Am going to delock mine this weekend, got my local stealers to put the parts by for me. They tried to tell me you don't need the metal disc!

As for painting, can you get the paint from VW or do I need to go to Halfords and get some mixed?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got the delock kit today it cost me ?5.92 for the parts and took me about 30mins because they had made a mess of it and had to becareful not to damange the door, it really is only a 5min job, just wish i had done it earlier! when i took the lock out I realised just how easy it is to get in, they must of only been a matter of seconds away from getting in!

Do yourselves all a big favor and get it done before you end up with a messed up door like mine where its now dented!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts