Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after the victory over the Cayenne the other day today I had a little fun on a (private) A road dual carriageway. Was minding my own business when a bright yellow Leon Cupra-R joined in front of me, with 2 blondes in! I was up for havin a go but I don't think they were, reason I say that is that when the traffic cleared I thought the Cupra had booted it at first but then I was having to back off considerably, and when I pulled in front of them they didnt give chase.

So I was feelin a bit disappointed and let the Cupra go and sat in the slow lane, then up in the distance I saw a red Supra join and pull in front of the Cupra. I caught up and undertook the pair of them in slow traffic, so I was now sat in front of the Supra, it had a large aftermarket exhaust and somethingperformance.com stickers (cant remember). I waited for traffic to clear and booted it! I was able to pull away from the Supra quite easily! Thought maybe they werent ready for it so slowed down, the Supra came thundering up behind me and we went for it again, this time again I was able to pull away, this happened a few times and I was quite confused! I let him in front and he lit up his indicators and dropped a gear and we went again, this time me at the back. Now he was able to pull away from me, but not convincingly, we did a few more runs and then we gave each other the thumbs up and went our seperate ways.

I think the Golf did pretty well! Though I think the Supra was the quicker car

·
Registered
164 Posts
Do you feel the need to race everyone everywhere? The Supra, Cupra R and Cayenne S would all destroy a 150bhp 1.8T. Heck my 150 PD does! Period. Its just maybe the other drivers A/ Have more sense and B/ Aren't really willing to give in to the bait to avoid your embarassment.....slpw down, its christmas and the roads aren't the best!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What are you on about! I like to race things to see what my car is capable of, yes. My car is Revo'd and has a Carbonio CAI so will be making around 210bhp. I did the Cayenne, I looked up the stats too when I got home and I would have expected to be quicker than it. The Supra was quicker than me but not by a lot, and he was well up for it so don't say he had more sense/gave into my bait!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh quieten down your noise you prat, no one else feels the need to throw insults around! I see you replied on my other thread as well, gosh you're mature!

I don't race in dangerous areas like in 30 zones or round schools, this is just a bit of fun on a nice clear motorway.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Just how many 'private' roads do you have around your way?[:|]
i think Cas is the only one calling the M27 'private' !! lol[;)]

the whole 'i beat a so'n'so car' is abit of a heated debate, and quite a subjective one too....

unless you've 'arranged' to race your 'opponent', its impossible really to say when they're trying, and how hard they are

·
Registered
850 Posts
Just how many 'private' roads do you have around your way?[:|]
i think Cas is the only one calling the M27 'private' !! lol[;)]

the whole 'i beat a so'n'so car' is abit of a heated debate, and quite a subjective one too....

unless you've 'arranged' to race your 'opponent', its
impossible really to say when they're trying, and how hard they are
ditto^^^^^

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The Supra was probably the NA model.

To those criticising i guess you've never had a play with another car on the road? And you always drive at 60-70mph?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Well said Bruce, a topic like this always brings out the perfect drivers.
Perfect drivers.....like me [:p]

Some people have their heads too far up their......and have never gone over the speed limit.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Your just another HEAD DICK you ruins the roads of britian. SLOW DOWN!!!!
IMHO this kind of response is uncalled for - if you want to voice an
objection or disagree with someone can you not do it in a mature and
civilised fashion? At least Cas thinks about where he's enjoying his
car and does it in a relatively safe environment/. In my experience
it's the people who stick to 70mph on the motorway but 40mph/50mph in
30mph zones, built up areas, around schools, etc. that are the danger
and god knows the world is full of them (well Ireland is anyway [;)])

·
Registered
639 Posts
Although I don't agree with 'racing' on public roads from working in the ambulance service third-manning (having seen the results even involving drivers who consider themselves 'experienced'), you dont seem to be the type who would take it over the top. Remember next time that the Cayenne is 4wd if you happen to take one on in the twisties! :p

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Supra was definately a turbo, when I moved into the middle lane to let him pass when we changed places he changed gear when his car was level with mine and there was the unmistakeable sound of an HKS SSQV.

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
The Supra was definately a turbo, when I moved into
the middle lane to let him pass when we changed places he changed gear
when his car was level with mine and there was the unmistakeable sound
of an HKS SSQV.
Supra = 276bhp STANDARD!

Revo'd Golf = 210bhp approx

Chipped Supra = XXXbhp!!

Theres just no contest if the supra really went for it!

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Got a friend who's got a lightly modified Supra, and it's running 600bhp.

We were both on the same bit of road, I'd accelerated full whack from
the roundabout, got to about 70mph, and the supra stormed past me at
over 140 over the same length of road.

There really is was no contest

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yeah i cant beleive the supra was really trying, probably just toying with you.Or hes seriously lost some bhp over the years. As new out the factory it would fly past.

As to the racing on the M. Ive no problems with it. But its unbeleiveable that that there was so many clear spaces of road, where you didnt overtake anybody else, so often on the road. But if you overtook whilst racing, thats just wrong. Considering you and the other driver has chosen to race/speed and accept the consequences, but the person you are overtaking hasnt.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts