Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a play on the (private) motorway with a Cayenne, it was badged "Cayenne S". was behind him and he booted it at around 60mph and i was easily able to keep up with him through 3rd and 4th up to around 115, I had to back off quite a bit actually, then he slowed down and we switched places and from 60 again I was able to pull away pretty easily in 3rd and 4th. He gave me a flash when I pulled off at my junction.

Must say the Golf is running sweet at the moment, its been throwing an intermittent fault code that affects the boost, but it only seems to come on every few weeks for a few days. The cold weather is great! Wheelspin all through 2nd and some in 3rd too, I love the feeling of being thrown back in my seat [:D]

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Yeah, they don't seem to be that quick. Suppose most will be auto boxes which won't help. They must be about 2000kg as well!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeh I looked up the stats on them just now, big old lump but not as quick as I would have thought, probably due to weighing a ton!

So whats the spec of the turbo then? Would a stage 2 car keep up wtih one?

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Even the r32 will have trouble keeping up with this monster

some specs on a cayenne turbo

General Information
Price:$89,300
Miles Per Gallon:13/18 mpg
Curb Weight:5200 lbs
Layout:Front-Engine/AWD
Transmission:6-Speed Tiptronic
Engine
Type:Biturbo V8
Displacement:4511 cc
Horsepower:450 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque:457 lb-ft @ 2250-4750 rpm
Redline:6400 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph:5.0 sec
0-100 mph:13.0 sec
Quarter Mile:13.5 sec @ 104 mph
Skidpad:.82g
Top Speed:165 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph:--- ft
Slalom Speed:--.- mph

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
He had his hand brake on I bet [;)]

I was passed by one chasing an M3 on the way to Goodwood FOS last year, I was doing about 90mph, but may as well have been parked up in the layby, the speed they passed me was sooooooo fast, must have been touching 140 [:O]

The only Porka I'd mess with would be a standard boxster, & then it would have to be a poor driver in it

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
'Normal' Cayenne with the R32s 3.2 litre isn't particuarly quick after
all, it weighs about twice as much as a MKIV R32. A Cayenne Turbo on
the other hand will destroy you - ?80k ,4.5 litre, 450BHP, biturbo, V8...bye bye 1.8T

·
Registered
813 Posts
'Normal' Cayenne with the R32s 3.2 litre isn't particuarly quick after
all, it weighs about twice as much as a MKIV R32. A Cayenne Turbo on
the other hand will destroy you - ?80k ,4.5 litre, 450BHP, biturbo, V8...bye bye 1.8T
Im sure if you tucked right up his backside quick enough at 60

the sheer drag would pull you along.............maybe......

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeh it was a Cayenne S and he was definately goin for it as we did a few runs, one with him in front then we swapped and did a couple with me in front, and he gave me flash as I exited the motorway.

The site I looked up the stats on it said the 0-60 was 7.2, but yeh its the 340bhp 4.5 V8.

I was quite suprised how easy it was, I thought it would have been a bit harder, although like i said last night the car was running the sweetest its ever been, got optimax in there and it was freezing cold, proper quick!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As for the turbo a decently set up stage 2 car I think could give it a run for its money, GaryM recorded 0-60's in the mid 5's and 0-100 in the low 13's when he had Revo 4 bar and no FMIC/diff etc. Now with CC stage 2, FMIC, diff etc... I think it could take a turbo!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I had a crack with a Turbo version on the bike earlier this year. It was bloody quick for a jeep in all honesty and would rate more lowly on the blowing away scale than the likes of a S3 or similar [:D]

·
Registered
316 Posts
uthe old man used to have a cayenne S adn they are pretty nippy..

had mine upto 145 in france going to le mans... awesome motor...

i now share a RR Sport supercharged and thats just week compared to the porsche.. although it gets round corners better.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I feel a bit better having seen these posts as I tried to keep up with one of them in my GTTDI 115 and it was no contest. Could not even get close enough to see the badge - all I could see were the very large exhaust pipes at either side!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts