Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a car crash today whilst i was stationary...[:O]

I was at a t-junction.. and waiting there.. my car was slightly out by about 5-10cm over the line which is acceptable in any terms..

The road was clear both ways.. i looked left right left just before i even started moving and i got to look right again i was getting pulled by a massive truck all the way on to the grass as the metal bars that were on the side of the truck digged in to the bumper and pulled me along sideways [:eek:] to say i shat my pants was an understatement.. the whole bumper structure and all the metal holdin the under part of the body was ripped in two.. il post pics up tommorow.. but i personally think the car is heading for a write off [:(] but at least this gives me an excuse for a 1.8 t [:D] but doubt il get insured as i dunno if the guy will take liabilty for it as of yet..

Anyway boys and girls chat to everyone tommorow as im gonna go rest for a bit now

Sat [y]

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i was coming up our road back from work and i seen this plastic sheet waving around his car, i had a gut feeling then somthign was wrong pulled up and front end gone, i told the idiot off for not ringin me.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yeah you are lucky to be posting about it. Having seen the "watch out for bikers" ad I look, look, look, look and look again!! Lol

Glad you're ok, and I think 10.15 cm's is fine. I see people hanging over the line by feet trying to force people to let them out! [:mad:]

·
Registered
273 Posts
Gutted for you! Do hope it all gets sorted quickly in your favour!

At least you're looking on the bright side already...1.8 T eh? :)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts

i doo too cus its my phone bill and time gettin used up hehe hes chilling no worries to do anything on my head and dads head to sort it lolz...

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was coming up our road back from work and i seen this plastic sheet waving around his car, i had a gut feeling then somthign was wrong pulled up and front end gone, i told the idiot off for not ringin me.
Listen i told you dont worry a bit of t-cut and super glue will sort it out [:D]

Sat

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whoa,

atleast u survived unhurt mate. car's a car
Yeah thats all i thought about because if i just had pulled off i may not of been alive [:O]

the rest is in gods hands eh?

Sat [y]

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
took him to the hospital, nurse pulled me to the side, she was a little concerned about his genitals being on his head, i told her nothing to be worried about they been there along time...1st his corsa gearbox, 2ndly golf gear box, 3rdly car accident...

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
the breakdown...

both wings gone

bonnet gone

bumper gone

intercooler gone

frange is gone

bumper support gone

radiator gone

possible engine mount gone

battery base gone

front washer jet system gone

the part where the bumper support bolts on to has been ripped off from the welds and bent...

thats all i could see at the time as it was getting dark, but its pretty much f**ked.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate, sounds well scary.

Hope you get it sorted and get yer 1.8T without too much hassle with the insurance

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Ye thanks for the positive comment [y]

And yeah hopefully it shall be a 1.8T or if not at least a 130pd with a mild remap [:D]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
looks bad mate from the pics to what you described at least your ok hope you get it sorted ok!
Yeah im lucky really 'more than lucky' [:p] im taking it on the chin as realistically im insured so im not really too worried in regards to the insurance part etc..

Thanks Sat [y]

1 - 20 of 128 Posts