Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as some of you no my window went and fell in side the door on saturday morning while geting car ready for santa pod , so had to tape it up , then on santa pod my bonnet catch came off in my hand ,lol

anyway finaly got it to the stealers today to try and get it sorted and i was told it wouldnt be ready till tommorow and its not under warrenty , so i was a litle displeased that they would have it over night and then they tell me how much it would be and jesus wept , how much there havin a laugh , so explained ive only had it 6 months and there must be a warrenty , and was told no again ,so went to see the person above them and exchanged a few not so nice words ,and i told him i know its a common fault , and it was fun to watch him walk over to the service desk and tell them , no charge for my work and make sure its ready today

what a result always pays to moan lol

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The thing is, can you imagine how much money they're swindling people
out of just because they dont know of the issue...... it absolutely
stinks considering the problem has been known about in excess of 3years!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I never get into such an argument because I always get straight into the tech details and they know I've done my research. That goes for anything I do, like buying electronics goods especially - I never get any bull, and the silly grin on some sales people's faces when I walk in and say, "I'll have 123, abc, but not serial numbers x to y because they had fault z". To be fair my local VW garages are quite friendly with me anyway. Mine's in the body shop now, and I've told them about my driver side window playing up all the time. Of course, at 10am I get a call from them saying they can't reproduce the fault! [:D]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Ok as some of you no my window went and fell in side the door on saturday morning while geting car ready for santa pod , so had to tape it up , then on santa pod my bonnet catch came off in my hand ,lol

anyway finaly got it to the stealers today to try and get it sorted and i was told it wouldnt be ready till tommorow and its not under warrenty , so i was a litle displeased that they would have it over night and then they tell me how much it would be and jesus wept , how much there havin a laugh , so explained ive only had it 6 months and there must be a warrenty , and was told no again ,so went to see the person above them and exchanged a few not so nice words ,and i told him i know its a common fault , and it was fun to watch him walk over to the service desk and tell them , no charge for my work and make sure its ready today

what a result always pays to moan lol
that's coz you're a miserable f***ker Jason !![:)]

So, is it fixed ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm new to MK4's and have heard a lot about this window problem.

My drivers window is much slower going up than the passenger one, and sometimes grinds to a halt and retreats back down. Is this a sign of potential failure?

If so I better add it to my quickly growing gripe sheet!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts

My drivers window is much slower going up than the passenger one, and sometimes grinds to a halt and retreats back down. Is this a sign of potential failure?

Hmm.. the prognosis from that description does not sound good !

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest damian i was a bit like you said above lol but only coz they started to talk down to me , as i was like a hairy arsed builder walking in ,( site boots , shorts and a tee shirt not tucked in lol ) and not wearing a suit and tie , and my moneys the same as everyone elses [:)] common curtasy goes a long way , i wasnt moaning so much about they couldnt find my details or warrenty or the fact thats i may of had to pay for work oh ok maybe a little bit lol,, it was the service desks up there own arse attitude , ie im below them and well they know best as they make the cars and theres no common faults with there cars lol

so when i did speak to the person above and explained the issiues about the defects , i through in for good measure about the bum hole who's above there own station , he under stood

hence getting it done for Free [:D]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

every mkiv ive looked at seems to have the drivers window go right down , and the passangers , sits up just a little bit maybe only about 5 mm but it does , well the ones i looked at when buying mine , bet every one goes and checks now lol [:D]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts

My drivers window is much slower going up than the passenger one, and sometimes grinds to a halt and retreats back down.
Mine has been doing this for over a year, so I finally got some professionals to look at it while it's in the local VW approved body shop/service centre. Could they reproduce the fault?!?

The service rep said it might have been inadvertently fixed when the tech lubricated the system, but he will try again. He also said my window clips were not (yet) broken.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Had the same problem with my 1.8T, driver side window dropped into the door rang up vw booked it in. I said to the lady "i take it its covered under warranty" she said No! they wanted around ?75 to do it, asked to speak to the manager and she went away came back 5 minutes laters and said she'd just noticed on the system that i had the extensive VW warranty so they will do it under warranty! At least dick turpin wore a mask!!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Jason, I agree. You can never tell whether someones a millionaire or on the dole by the clothes they happen to wear for a visit to the dealers. My local dealer said that a guy came in a few weeks ago, covered in paint, holes in his boots etc etc and all the staff turned their noses up except this particular salesman. 45 minutes later, the guy paid cash for an R32.

and what about your bonnet catch , did they fix that too ?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
anyway finaly got it to the stealers today to try and get it sorted and i was told it wouldnt be ready till tommorow and its not under warrenty.
I know you have got it done for free, but I think you should find that it is covered under your warrenty. As its a non service able part that has broken so that should be covered.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jason, I agree. You can never tell whether someones a millionaire or on the dole by the clothes they happen to wear for a visit to the dealers. My local dealer said that a guy came in a few weeks ago, covered in paint, holes in his boots etc etc and all the staff turned their noses up except this particular salesman. 45 minutes later, the guy paid cash for an R32.

yer thats so true what u say i bet they was kicking them selves loosing that sale lol

yer , the service department wanated to charge me , so i sort of wangled my way out of paying for the bonnet catch , what a nice young lady she was [;)]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
anyway finaly got it to the stealers today to try and get it sorted and i was told it wouldnt be ready till tommorow and its not under warrenty.
I know you have got it done for free, but I think you should find that it is covered under your warrenty. As its a non service able part that has broken so that should be covered.
they couldnt find my warrenty that was a bit of a prob ie no recorord of me buying car from them either so they way the didnt wana do it , they found my stuff after i left and had it repaired

·
Registered
487 Posts

I wear a suit and most car places treat you like you don't know anything. People even come to try and put wiper blades on for you!!!! They don't think you ever get your hands dirty!!

Maybe garages are just patronising full stop!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.