Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Monday, a cash & carrys car park down the road from my work has become flooded with about 20 caravans belonging to Gypsys. The place looks a mess with all knackered cars parked up, rubbish tipped all round the caravans, dogs running about everywhere. Even seen them towing a car through all the visitors cars trying to bump start it at silly speeds.

So they still havnt moved and looks like nobody is doing anything about it so just wondering can the cash & carry shoe them off there premises in an instant? My boss seems to think that gypsys have all laws like they can settle in one place for 2 weeks max before legal action is taken, obviously they move on the day before.

So just wondering really as you can tell its stressing out all the local business`es,double checking they have locked up and not left anything vulnerable about, plus it cant be good business for the cash and carry, it would definatly put me off from pulling onto that car park.

So whats the deal with these messy people with no respect.

·
Registered
931 Posts
had them down our way, semi-rural area. leave huge mess, which council clean up, which we pay for.  strange how some of them have nice new 4x4s?  waste of space and money i think personally

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Scum bags - the lot of them. Shame none of the political parties have it in their manifesto to rid us of these parasites - it would surely be a vote winner.

·
Registered
273 Posts
As I understand they can always get 10 days in a "camp". They move in on the Friday knowing the courts can't (and won't) do anything to at least Monday. They are then allowed 7 days eviction notice.

They often move in on the side of the road on the way to Reading. They leave a MASSIVE pile of crap behind all over the area (not in a single easier to clear pile). Council have recently dug a ditch in the hope that it'll put them off. So far it's helped....So far...

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Happens here to and yes I hate them as well.

I've often thought what I'd do if I were in a position of a landowner, my solution being...

1, Blockade / trench them in under the premis that you are doing work on your land which you surely have every right to do.

2, This way you'd create a seige situation where they could neither come or go and thus not earn any money.

3, I'm sure they'd be willing to negotiate a compromise, except I'd refuse and just maintain the trench / barricade indefinetly.

The intention would be to totally bankrupt them and totally ruin their way of life.

Revenge wouldn't be cheap, your land would become desecrated BUT it would be worth it.

If I were big boss man of said DIY chain I'd get the gates welded shut and some of those big concrete motorway barrier blocks as well. It wouldn't be good for business but the vengence would be sweet. Again object would be to totally destroy them.

Harsh, yes but they deserve it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well this cash & carry has HUGE barriers at entrance and exit of the car park. And guess what, =when the place was shut last night they had left open the barriers all night. What a security risk. Id be worried about the gypsys trying it on the building itself as they can easily get away with smooching about and imagine the amount of goods waiting to be taken.

They also had a new Vauxhall Vectra amoungst the crowd. Going out on road test and all you could see was massive TV`s glaring through the caravans windows all day.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
There was a situation at the company i used to work for..

One morning came into work and the car park was all tarmac'd, 5 guys come in later on and speak to the MD and arrange to come back later to collect ?10,000 for the non arranged job.. He pays them thinking that is the end of that.. then for the next 3 months we get the same visits for the same amount of cash ( within this time scale we had dug it up and when we came in the next day it had re-tarmac'd [:mad:]) ,Then when says no more they then start with how is your daughter doing at Moorfield junior school , and your son at Hazel Grove high school.

They knew the name of his kids their routines , his wifes details, And literally held him to ransom until the company went bust. Grrrrrr

I don't blame the MD one bit as he was trying to protect his family , but once they get their hooks in you've had it.

I have no time for pikeys.

They still come around to my current employer to ask for the scrap steel ( and to have a look for the Brass, Stainless steel )

Jay

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Have them down here quite a lot, rural area. Last year a local farmer took precautions of digging a trench around his land! Guess what they did...................... Filed it with scrap cars until it was level, then dropped some stell plate over the top and drove on![:S]

Any party would get my vote if it was in the manifesto.[Y]

I drop a *** butt in town (as there are no ash trays) and get cautioned, yet they leave mountains of junk and get nothing![:mad:]

Lifes fair LOL

·
Registered
167 Posts
DEATH TO ALL GYPSIES

If i were allowed to kill then i would have no hesitation in wiping them all out. Men women and children but not the dogs.

Gypos are stinky, ugly, inbred, stupid and stinky.

I used to be a security guard and the amount of trouble ive had from these scum doesnt bear thinking about. I cant stand the sight of them or their "mouth full of potatoes" way of speaking. I cant stand their "badger" hair and their "looks like fake tan but is actually pure dirt" skin. They smell of cabbage and burning pallets.

If i ever loose it and develope American Postal Worker Syndrome then im going to walk straight into the local camp and butcher every "wellington wearing" last one of them............

"dya wanna buy a carpet missus"

"can i interest you in some tarmacadum sir"

"spare a penny for the baaby mam"

Why dont the government give us a hunting season for them. Say february to november. Any man is then entitled by law to shoot as many as he wants to. We could even have game parks im sure the trigger happy americans would love to come over and blast away. Thats what we could call it.

BLAST-A-GYPO Hunting

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DEATH TO ALL GYPSIES

"can i interest you in some tarmacadum sir"

"spare a penny for the baaby mam"

Why dont the government give us a hunting season for them. Say february to november. BLAST-A-GYPO Hunting
But i want to go hunting in December.

You`ve just about summed it up Joey [y]

When i was little i went riding my bike on this dirt track next to this gypo site, and guess what they chased us with bulldogs with red eyes and stole my mates bike. We were a bit stupid to go back and stone their caravans a little but hey.

We get them after our scrap metal, and catalytic convertors at work and 9 / 10 of them are quite polite....they always ask before they take and are polite in the way they do it, But i still hate them.

I say we gather photos of gypo sites. Ill try tomorrow.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good reason for ID cards.

No ID card = Into the cells

On release they should be "chipped" inside the skull with a tracking device. Then any crimes occuring afterwards can be cross referenced by location to see who was there. Actually why shouldn't everyone be chipped? 5 women dead today. If people were "trackable" like parcels some-one would be in custody now.

On the 2nd or 3rd offence these travellers they should really be sterilised.

·
Registered
742 Posts
They are just utter scum I was at my mates local and a couple of young pikeys were in there causing trouble and playing pool we had to wait ages for them to get off then at the end of their game they stuck their cue down the pocket and then snapped them all[:mad:] I really felt like getting it and stabbing them with it! but no one really dared say anything as there was a family of them all really big drinking in there probably not worth the trouble to the landlady.

Like said before sack burning guy on bonfire night throw a pikey on!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
First of all, I find this whole thing very difficult.

Just to clarify: Gypsies and Travellers are 2 kinds of people:

Gypsies are the people who travel about in horse and cart, pulling up by the side of the road for a few days at a time, selling their craft (wood carvings etc.) then moving on after a few days. In general, no 'trouble.'

Travellers are the people who cause the 'trouble.' I teach at a rural primary school and we have about 25 travellers in a 300 pupil school. Their parents bought some land with cash one evening and plumbed in and layed electricity cables overnight then applied for retrospective planning permission the next day. They got it. 2 or 3 families drive 2006 A4 TDI S-Lines and one family has a Chrysler - the one that is absolutely huge, a bit like a Bentley (or is it a Bentley?). When the kids are dropped off in the morning, they park on the yellow lines, making it hard for the school busses to park, consequently blocking the road. They drive agressively and threaten other parents (One who cleverly said "You do that because I'd love to see the police ask you for your driving license" - read into that however you like). The children are regularly in 15min late - everyone else manages to get to school in time. They go travelling (i.e. on holiday) for months at a time so (Canada is popular with one family) the children miss a lot of school, consequently falling far behind - I use a disproportionate amount of my resources to teach the 2 traveller children in my class for the time they are with me.

They don't pay council tax or national insurance, but their rubbish is collected, the children have free schooling and medical care etc. I find this disgusting. A hell of a lot of my wages every month (about ?600) goes on taxes and I see no reason why travellers should not pay taxes too. Depending on the county they are in each month of the year, their council tax can be calculated. If I paid no tax, I be I could afford an S-Line Audi. To cap it off, they don't trust us teachers with their children - when there's trips, the children can't come for one reason or another, but when we tell them that the children will have to stay home, they can magically come = school is free childcare. It gets worse - with these flawed league tables the government go out of their way to produce - the results of the traveller children are always miles below average, however, their traveller status is not taken into account on the results board, so the school's scores eventually go down giving the school an undeserved bad reputation. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of other factors that make these league tables inherently flawed, but my school is at a further disadvantage compared to others that don't have travellers.

Now here's where I have a problem - most of the children who are travellers are really nice kids - they're fun with a good sense of humour and they often try their damned hardest even though they must know there's no hope of ever catching up with their peers - it's quite admirable really.

I find their way of life immoral at best and I don't like the adults much, but the majority of children are polite and no hassle in the class (except for the resources they take up)

So my gut reaction is with all of the above posts (apart from the burning bit!), but my head the comes into conflict with my gut because of the kids.

Just my 2p.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The last lot that stopped in my home town got more than they bargained for when one night, the local youths found it funny to smash all their windows (cars vans and caravans) and set fire to their washing and as many belongings as they could. Funnily, they moved on the next day [y]

·
Registered
674 Posts
Not saying Ive ever done this - Get a very good air rifle, and shoot out every tyre you can see - caravan, 4x4, rusty untaxed transit van, and of course, the ever popular Flat back Transit pickup. If you do it late at night Im sure you wouldnt get caught carry an offensive weapon - you could just say you were hunting rabbits! heehee!!

We had them in our local once just outside of London. There were about 4 of them all making a right mess of the place, smashing chairs etc. One of the guys that worked behind the jump had a brother who was at the time, a Black Belt in about 4 different arts. One call, and probably one of the best real life punch ups Ive ever witnessed. Not only did he re-arrange most of the noses, eyes, lips and teeth of all 4 of them, he even got them to cough up for the damage caused (in a massive wad of ?50 notes!). We all ended up having a lock in that night as the land lord was a little scared of re-percussions. Next day, 10am after a VERY late night drinking most of the upper rail and becoming really good pool/darts players the main guy of the pikey camp paid a visit, with about 8 pretty large smelly pikeys. My mates brother said I dont mind going again if you dont, to which they all backed off, appologised for the other 4 and said he would make sure it never happened again. Next day, the camp went!

Oh, and the week after that I started KickBoxing with his class!

·
Registered
170 Posts
These type of people are a real pain in the anus and it makes me so made that the fuzz seemingly can't touch them (or are too scared to), do-gooders go on about how they have rights (why? they don't pay any tax etc.), and tax payers money goes towards cleaning up after them etc.

I live in Hemel Hempstead and we seem to have a huge problem with travellers/gypsies/pikies/etc around here due to the fact that there are a couple of "legal" travellers camps nearby. One of the camps is right next to the Buncefield Oil Depot (and I mean literally right next to it, probably about 100m from the nearest tank). Anyway when it all blew up at the end of last year I thought excellent that will get rid of them! However to my astonishment even though most of that part of Hemel was wiped out (including my office which was about 1 min down the road from the camp) all of the caravans appeared to be untouched!!!!!!! [^o)]

Needless to say the car thefts/fights/general trouble continues...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts