Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After our recent 'Ring visit, I grabbed a few photos of the car out at various points in the country. Sadly I made a fairly dogs dinner of it (kinda gutted about that!) however some of the slightly better ones that came out are here [:)]

I apologise now about the state of it - it was fairly filthy and I was too hot to be bothered detailing it... But never mind [:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comments welcome - the whole Germany collection (which includes loads of random cars up at the ring mainly!) can be found here!

C

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
All the way to Germany and you still manage to find a field with big rolls of "stuff" in it and take pics of your car [:|]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hay Shiu! (No pun intended, honest [;)])

Their hay rolls are like MASSIVE compared to over here, so much cooler for a background. Wasn't anywhere in their cool little buildings I could really sneak the car, other than stopping in the middle of the road, and they were still a bit busy for that when I was taking these on the Monday [:(]

Car's never been in a bit of the forest before tho - especially a woodcutters one [:|]

C

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Chris some great pics there ........looks realy cool on the angle

agree those hay roll's where massive ....

wish i had taken some of mine now

Y15HAL how far are you from Canary Wharf some great building there for a back drop

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
LOL!

Good thinking batman! cant believe i didnt think of that! gotta make a trip over there once ive cleaned it PROPER!!! its only about 15mins away from me[;)]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
hehe

Posted Image

Shall we organise some kind of run around the UK (give me some time to get a new car, or a hire one!). We could bring girls like that on the way. Seriously though, I would be up for a trip around the UK at some point. Maybe from down in Kent upto Scotland or something over a couple of days.

Chris....I think I need to be introduced to Claire. Theres a way of getting me to the curry in reading [;)]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oi stop dragging the tone of my thread down or I'll go and break that link [:p]

And who's Cla... oh you didn't mean that pic. Don't talk to her any more, sorry pal [:p]

Anyway, as for Canary Wharf - a great place for pics - as long as there's not toooo many cars (the security get a bit iffy up there, they had words I think with TT Dan even tho it was just him so?) it'll work nicely for a minishoot??

Depending when, I'm sure I couldb e persuaded [:)]

C

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
LOL!

Good thinking batman! cant believe i didnt think of that! gotta make a trip over there once ive cleaned it PROPER!!! its only about 15mins away from me[;)]
Only 15 mins away from you, where ya live maybe a little meet as i work over there ....[:D]

Chris like ya say the security can be a pain , but as ya no i been working there for well over 6 years now so i know a few of them and some of the places that ya can get great pics from without them even noticing , or the easy way is to apply for a photo cert ie most walk around with their big cameras takin pics of the building and if they havent got a cert they get moved on

i can find out about it when i get back to work ...........[:D]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Y15HAL how far are you from Canary Wharf some great building there for a back drop
Shall we arrange a car photo shoot there one Sunday? Then go somewhere for a bite to eat [Y]
would liked to do that , but wont be able to get car cleaned for a week or so def up for it soon thou ...[:D]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking as good as ever Chris[:D] I see you have the obligatory Ring sticker too!
Cheers Claire [:D] Photos hide so much, the car (well the front
anyway, the rest had been detailed) was absolutely minging with flies
from 3 countries... So that was a touch. I have a major bird crap
issue atm, one of them's managed to go right through everything so I've
gotta attack that and fix at some point - nasty mess on my front ring
[:(]

EDIT: And yes having persuaded myself it was going around the ring - it HAD to have the sticker [;)] Where on the course was your sig pic taken?? Which viewing point if you know??

You have some cracking shots Chris
Thanks fella - the secret to that in my opinion, is take shed loads, and pick the best. Law of averages says some have got to come out. I'm getting slowly better, but if you go through all the german photos i my gallery (esp the other cars at the ring), you'll see how poor they can be lol [:D]

Thanking thee both [y]

C

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
I think a meet soon would definitely be a good idea!

May not be able to make it for a while now though because im working for the next couple of weekend! [:(]

Unless if its going to be an evening meet, but then the pics wont come out trumps! [:'(]

p.s. NOSAJ: whereabouts in essex are you?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I think a meet soon would definitely be a good idea!

May not be able to make it for a while now though because im working for the next couple of weekend! [:(]

Unless if its going to be an evening meet, but then the pics wont come out trumps! [:'(]

p.s. NOSAJ: whereabouts in essex are you?
evening meets are the norm for us local boys & girls ......

im in sunny harold hill / romford , wheres you ?

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Evening meets are the norm, but i think the best pics are taken during the day. Nevertheless even just a meetup would be good!

I live near barking, but work in rainham! Used to work in romford! [:p] - gallows corner!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts