Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Any news as to when VW plans to introduce these seats as an option or maybe std on the GTIs?

Pic courtesy VW Vortex

·
Registered
182 Posts
they are planned for 2006 I think, about ?1000 option here over the std seats, oh and you lose your side impact airbags too.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Lame question time - can someone explain to this poor fool why you lose the side impacts?

Cheers folks [:)]

·
Registered
10 Posts
That pic has just cost me a grand!wonder when they'll be available in
ireland?is the handle on the near side for adjusting the angle

of the
back and the circular twisty thing for lumbar support?on my current car
the circular thing is for adjusting the back,such a pain in the ass![:cool:]

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Lame question time - can someone explain to this poor fool why you lose the side impacts?

The sides are thinner so there just isn't room to install them.

Why you would want them over the already very good standard seats for an extra ?1000 I wouldn't know, but a fool and his money are soon parted...

·
Registered
182 Posts

Why you would want them over the already very good standard seats for an extra ?1000 I wouldn't know, but a fool and his money are soon parted...
I prefer to look at it this way, if any car is going to be nicked it won't be mine for it's std seats, it will be the one with these in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just can't wait, my dealer has taken my order and has it on rolling allocation for when these seats are available to order.

Hopefully it won't be too long now.

Matt

·
Registered
4,628 Posts

I prefer to look at it this way, if any car is going to be nicked it won't be mine for it's std seats, it will be the one with these in.
Can't say I'm gagging for them either atm - the lack of lumbar would potentially screw me up (being a bit of a big git, it's kinda helpful having that! [;)]

·
Registered
207 Posts
Can I please ask if anyone actually knows for sure that the GTI will get these Recaro seats as an option? I've literally just ordered a GTI and the dealer said that ONLY the R32 will get these as an option, NOT the GTI. He was very certain about this. Obviously if you've been told different I'd appreciate the name of the dealer that said this to you - at least then I can put Abridge VW in Harlow (Essex) in touch with them and hopefully have Recaros on my GTI! Cheers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The VW website still lists that the Recaro's will be available on the GTi mid 2005 (well it did the last time I looked)!

My dealer has taken my order and believes the Recaro seat option will be available early next year, he reckons January.

So fingers crossed I hope to take delivery sometime in March on the new '06' reg.

Matt

·
Registered
72 Posts
The VW website still lists that the Recaro's will be available on the GTi mid 2005 (well it did the last time I looked)!

My dealer has taken my order and believes the Recaro seat option will be available early next year, he reckons January.

So fingers crossed I hope to take delivery sometime in March on the new '06' reg.

Matt
anyone got confirmation on whether or not the Recaro seat option will available for UK ordered GTIs? The latest price list says no [:(]

I see the volkswagen.de GTI 'konfigurator' has them as an option in cloth or leather for German market GTIs, but that of course means little here

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've been pushing my dealer for an answer on this one, he hopes to have an official responce this Friday.

Matt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts