Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Quote: posted by dubzter on 23/09/2004 13:25:05

mmmm still not convinced, it just doesn't have the wow factor

Agreed, it is certainly nice, but is it ?25K+ nice?

·
Registered
293 Posts
If i could afford one i'd probably buy it. Most of the lower spec'd ones i've seen on the roads have done little to excite me, but the GTi looks OK.

·
Registered
593 Posts
love the interior. Also there is an extra button in front of the gear stick next to the ESP button. Seems to say set on it but does anyone know what it sets??

Posted Image

·
Registered
782 Posts
Ohh Love the Dashboard Dials, The seats are nice looking too, creat choise in material.

Black is deff the way to go (3dr)

·
Registered
141 Posts
ChrisB, I would say that the button is the Tyre Pressure Monitoring system. Looks like the same symbol as on my wife's MINI! You can reset it after it's beeped a warning at you. (After fixing whatever has lowered the pressure in a wheel of course!)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know what you mean about the black the front looks really aggressive, but is it a trick of the light on the floor or is the back bumper plastic more grey than on the standard Golf.

Always said the next car I was getting was going to be silver after the last 2 being black. It does look good.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Love the dials, actually quite like the seats, still don't like 5 door models, and I really which they'd show a fully colour coded model with that big stupid black valance.

But I still think the interior looks quite cheap [B)]

·
Registered
385 Posts
I personally despise the rear of the MK5 even in GTI form - I think they have really shot themselves in the foot with its bubbly/effeminate contours ? they have lost all sense of direction with the smoked/darkened lamps at the rear ? a defining GTI trademark.

I?m also a little disappointed at the rate it is priced, they are really deluding themselves when a Honda is about ?10k [lot of money] cheaper for a similar Type R. With the Mk4 GTI it was only marginally more expensive at a few ?k over a Honda but a ?10k gap is just crazy. One thing for sure is that there will be a lot less Mk5 GTIs on the road now that the price range is out of most prospective buyers so perhaps it will bring about some exclusivity to the [ever increasing snobby] VW driver (j/k!)!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts