1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Cheers pete thats useful thanks just hope I can get a wheel and then that will be another mod off the list :)
I fitted the same wheel to my son's MKIV 1.4 last week. It is a straight swap and took 15 mins start to finish. I was advised that I didn't need to disconnect the battery by an auto electrician as it's an over precaution. I didn't and everything was ok!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers pete thats useful thanks just hope I can get a wheel and then that will be another mod off the list :)
I fitted the same wheel to my son's MKIV 1.4 last week. It is a straight swap and took 15 mins start to finish. I was advised that I didn't need to disconnect the battery by an auto electrician as it's an over precaution. I didn't and everything was ok!
cheers so you just unclipped the airbag from the back of the wheel and disconnected it and DID NOT turn the igniton on cause the light would come on wouldn't it if you did thats useful thanks mate i suppose you just got to be careful with the airbag haven't you really

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
cheers so you just unclipped the airbag from the back of the wheel and disconnected it and DID NOT turn the igniton on cause the light would come on wouldn't it if you did thats useful thanks mate i suppose you just got to be careful with the airbag haven't you really
Exactly as you say. I did drop the airbag on the car floor, held my breath but nothing happened. Try not to drop the airbag as you WILL get a fright!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there i was just reading this post and thought i would mention i have also changed my steering wheel as mine was a little tatty on the top of the steering wheel, i was collecting a rear washer motor from midleton VAG breakers and asked if they had a Gti steering wheel - my luck was in - HAPPY DAYS !

It was an easy task to do - you just have to release the two clips behind the airbag through the two holes using a small screwdriver then it will pop forward then just release the electrical clips, then undo the star shape nut. JOBS A GOOD N !

Good luck

James

PS: i only paid £20 for the steering wheel wich was BRIL as it is top condition.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts