Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hopefully going to buy a gti interior sometime next week, and was wondering how difficult it is to take out and put in the new seats, i have no idea how to change seats, so any advice is mucho appreciated!!! also, if anyone has a gti interior/ TD Iinterior or even just the front seats for sale, any spec, as long as they are sport seats, do let me know!

Thanks Dudes,

Dave

·
Registered
716 Posts
IMO only get the recaro seats, the sport spec are terrible on the back on long haul. Ignore people who tell you they are the same seats just without the badge, they just ain't. Been in both, never giving up my rocks!!

Good hunting

Gadge

P.s. think there is a three door anniversary set on the bay at the minute

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks dude, trying to find a set for around 200 squids, and the anni edition seats are sooo expensive!!noted about the sport seats, are they really that bad??i was originally meant to be getting a Gt TDI, till the insurance fell thru! and when i test drove it the seats seemed luxurious!!! that was compared to standard polo seats tho!! What seats are you rocking at the mo??

Dave

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
seats are easy to fit mate, all you really need to make sure is to disconnect the battery 2 sec job.
and when taking them out you will need to remove the plastic trim which covers the sliders behind the seat and then 2 bolts visable from the lower front and it should slide back but then just lift up slightly and unclip airbag connecters and lift out.?
easy peasy mate

·
Registered
716 Posts
Alright Dave,

Missus has the sport seats in her motor and I have the Recaro's in mine ( yes I AM the boss (aren't I dear?[:S])) Difference is quite alot to be honest. Recaro's have deeper bolsters and lumbar and generally offer very good support. The 'sport' seat is ok for short trips to town etc but after half an hour or more they are poor. Remember that this is just my opinion, everyone thinks and feels differently. You can get the rocks for ?300-400 secondhand and this would be my advice to you, wait, save, enjoy.

Could be worse, okky VRS(dads) half leather seats, OUCH!![:'(]

Gadge

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
or you can get some R32 seats like mine.
OMG they are the nicest seats i have ever sat my big @rse in but some people disagree
but they are expensive.
good luck

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I have rear sports seats in the garage. If you want them let me know. I'd take ?70 for them. All you need is to stick the stock headrests on them - they're all the same anyway.

Baz

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Baz,

have you only got the rears?? when i buy them, i want to buy them all at once unfortantely, thanks for the offer though!!

Dave

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Hi Baz,

have you only got the rears?? when i buy them, i want to buy them all at once unfortantely, thanks for the offer though!!

Dave
Hi m8, I just have the rears at the minute but as far as I know my local scrap man still has the fronts belonging to them,

Baz

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ah right, any chance of getting them back without paying your scrap man for buying them back?? i would pay extra for the hassle!!!

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I didn't sell them to him. I bought the back seat for someone else who was a tyre kicker. I didn't take to kindly to it either. But I know the seats are easy to sell so i didn't mind that much. I can probably ask for a price for you if you want. I know the guy personally so he should do me a good deal.

Baz

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that would be really good, thanks Baz. Really appreciate it, not often you find a forum where so many people are willing to put in effort to help others!!
Dave

·
Registered
31 Posts
HI MATE I SHOULD HAVE A FULL SET OF BLACK RECAROS WITH 3 REAR HEADRESTS BY TUESDAY, FOR A 3DR GOLF MK4. IF INTERESTED CALL ME ON 07958309450, I LIVE IN LONDON AND WANT ABOUT ?300 FOR THEM CHEERS.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that would be fantastic, i would be available to come collect and pay on thursday, as the old car has its exhaust emissions light on and is driving like a slag, so have to take it to garage on wed morn, so all things going well..... where abouts in london are you based, as im in surrey.
Dave p.s would you accept ?270?

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
If you don't get the recaros I can get the full set of cloth sports seats for about ?200.

Cheers

Baz

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that would be ace, only thing is, im based in London, so wondering how i would get them, postage etc. any ideas??Cheers BazDave

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I have plenty of friends and family in london so I'm sure I could get them down there some way or another.

If you're stuck let me know.

Baz

1 - 20 of 29 Posts