Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The annual GTi Hot Hatch Spectacular at York Dragway!

Details here: http://yorkdragway.intrica.co.uk/

Adult: ?10

Teens (13 - 16 inclusive): ?5

Accompanied children (12 and under): Free

Run What You've Brung Track Time ?15 per day per participant. You will need a crash helmet and a full drivers licence. Remember to get your vehicle scrutineered before signing on.

We did this event last year and camped over the night before. Had a great laugh, hopefully we can do the same this year.

If there's enough interest then I'll enquire about camping again, otherwise its a meet at Ferrybridge bright and early on Sunday morning for all of us!

Stand will be makeshift too, so just turn up and put your car on [:D]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a spare lid Paul, will bring it with me.

Side not for this event - don't expect too many runs on the 1/4, the event is shared with a cruise missile shootout and they run the 1/4 mile strip in slots. Think everyone managed a max of 5 runs last year with lots of standing round in between....

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a championship divided into catergories dependent upon the type of car you run, most of the RWYB days at York are now staged along side these. It can get quite busy with over 200 cars in the Cruise Missle championship which means less track time for us punters....

·
Registered
5 Posts
hehe be warned guys...the clio sport boys will be turnin up en masse for this event also......the cruise missile n rwyb classes will probably be merged into 1.......for time purposes, then split up after the quals

im hopin to beat me personal best there too.......def wanna be sub 14 this time lol

·
Registered
270 Posts
Quote: posted by willy 159 on 13/08/2004 16:28:52

hehe be warned guys...the clio sport boys will be turnin up en masse for this event also......the cruise missile n rwyb classes will probably be merged into 1.......for time purposes, then split up after the quals

im hopin to beat me personal best there too.......def wanna be sub 14 this time lol

Yeah, the clio sport guys were there last year too!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Quote: posted by GrahamOliver on 05/08/2004 22:01:27

Mike, I'm up for convoying down as usual!

No way.... you drove like a loon last year! [:D][;)][:D]

1 - 20 of 47 Posts