Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to see some of you today. Some good cars on show and thanks to those that travelled from far and wide to turn up! Apologies for the stand being the way it was, I was forewarned that club stands layouts were very 'relaxed' and it provied right on the day [:S] We didn't really get a chance to hang around to much (trying to find shade!) so thats why the stand was quite sparse at times.

Also, sorry to those of you who couldn't get on and had to double park... Due to the nature of the 'pod cars tend to move around alot. No other show is quite like it though, so if this was your first show please don't be put off by it [:)]

Anywho... I've not seen weather like that for a while! Anyone else got a touch of sun stroke? [:$]

Overall there was a very low turnout. This was down the F1 over t'other side of M1 [:D] Mind you it seemed like there must have been about 100 cars max. on the strip and this proved to be some invaluable strip action time for those that took part. I lost count the amount of times I saw Golf Girl go up the strip [:p]

I've got some pics from the day which I'll post up later tonight. I only managed to get some of the show and shine plus a few other cars, so if you have any other pics please post them and I'll add them to the gallery [Y]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sun Stroke isn't really the word Ihave seen less red Fire engines, why do i do this to myself?

Didn't meet to many of you today but those of you i did thanks got to put some more faces and cars to log in names.

Special thanks to sparrow for forcing me to get out all of the lame excuses for why he wiped the floor with me!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyable day. Loved it [:D]. Good to put a few more faces to names. Plenty of track action although i'm pretty sure the heat effected my times [:$].

@Tabs, i have one of your number plate covers. Will bring it along to next meet.

Again a great day out

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I managed a 15.005secs, i know Viperpsych was close behind. Nosaj got just shy of 16secs.

The heat was seriously effecting traction on the strip. Best i saw James get was around 13.5 but then i only saw 2-3 of his runs

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Just spoke to James, 13.2 was his best but he said the same with regards to heat and traction.
Still, I feel I missed a very good day out [:(]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Managed to force a 14.396 out of mine which was pleasing considering i managed to leave the air con on for the run Do'h!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Managed to force a 14.396 out of mine which was pleasing considering i managed to leave the air con on for the run Do'h!!!
I managed to get a few 14.8's from my standard GTI so I was pretty chuffed. Nice meeting you earlier too!

And somehow managed to average 44mpg all the way home [:D]

·
Registered
850 Posts
great day out but bit too hot for my liking. driving back home was the
worst i've ever felt!(1.4 + no a/c + sun right in your face all day =
BIG headache)

Anyway it was nice to meet you tabs (i didn't see your jalopey btw[;)]) and some others (jason, faisal..)

Golfgirl, your R sownds awesome. i am sure you must've done atleast 20 runs. what was your best time?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Hello

Well my head looks like a bright red balloon !!!!

Good day out not that many traders this year which was a shame but some interesting bits all the same anybody for a 400bhp turbo charged R32 [:D]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Looks like you guys had a good time. Sorry I didn't turn up but was
knackered on Sun morning and still had too much to sort out in the new
house. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Was a good day... the show and shine area was too damn hot to be cleaning cars though!

saw the stand but couldnt see anyone with any of the cars so didnt get to say hello!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I got eaten by flies!
We (the missus and I) both made the mistake of wearing yellow tops.... Had to run off after half an hour of being there to change lol!
were you standing watching the strip by the Golf+ stand for a while by any chance ? if it was you i had to back away about 10 feet when you came over because the bugs were swarming around you lol

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
Yes we could see you walking about as the black haze was following.

But sun....

My nose is red and I look like a doll with perfect round red cheeks.

Hey was a brilliant day.

I had a wonder to find you , but couldnt.

But sure I did see most of you all at our stand.

If you did pass and not say heelo then shame on you.

It is always great for you to pop along and say hello.

As gary said it was making the cars suffer.

We only managed a few runs.

What happened to the guy who had his caps nicked?

Did he manage to find some?

Sarah

·
Registered
412 Posts
the guy who had his forge caps nicked from the show n shine u mean? spoke to him at the end and he managed to cobble together something to get him home...

I always leave my car unlocked and bonnet open while my car is in the show n shine you'd think you could trust people but seems not!

·
Vendor
1,459 Posts
the guy who had his forge caps nicked from the show n shine u mean? spoke to him at the end and he managed to cobble together something to get him home... I always leave my car unlocked and bonnet open while my car is in the show n shine you'd think you could trust people but seems not!
It is a shame that you cannot leave your car on display as this is what the whole idea is.

I hope that the guy/gal who knicked them will know how much they have spoiled it for the rest of the honest people who just love to admire the vehicles about.

So now it means that there will be very few people who will leave their bonnets open for all to admire.

So if anyone knows anything about it I think that they should grass on the swine , so it means then that there will be many more meets where we can all admire the hard work and costs that is put in to your cars.

Sarah

1 - 20 of 53 Posts