Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a phone call from the dealer i have order mine with that two edition 30 turned up today. Both are demo cars, one heading to Heritage Bristol and one staying with Weston. Apparently they cant sell them for 3 months.

Check it out. Both had dsg!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hmmm, very very nice.

Love that red stitching in the interior.

One question, are they the same alloys that you can spec with the A3 S-line?

·
Registered
72 Posts
like I said on the other forum, weird that the silver GTI only has 1 aluminium pedal, with the accelerator being black rubber/plastic [:S]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Think the silver and black combination looks much better than the red.

How much extra they gonna charge for one of these then over a GTI?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hmmm, very very nice.

Love that red stitching in the interior.

One question, are they the same alloys that you can spec with the A3 S-line?
The wheels do look very much like the ones that you can spec for the A3 S-Line

·
Registered
301 Posts
Good set of pics there Turbo Batch. You have really made my day - a five door DSG in reflex silver [:D] From the back it looks storming!!

I think it looks so good in silver, much better than the red car. Mind you the red three door looks a damd sight better that the red five door that was in the Auto Express review.

Good of the stealer to let you come and take some pics.

How long is it until the 1st of March. I can't wait. Only problem is working out how I'm going to pay for it LOL [:cool:]

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
looks good, but not that different to the standard gti,   prefer the changes they made to the mk4 anni when they came out... that looked better than the r32(mkiv) in my opinion... still i wouldnt say no to a 30th

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A bit disapointed with some of the comments, but i guess each to their own.

Honestly guys, both cars looked amazing in the flesh (metal), even though it was a nasty winter's day.

Once the suspension drops and the center caps are put on the wheels (and the aluminium accelerator pedal (never thought a tiny thing as that would cause some a fuss)) the Edition 30 will look awesome.

After seeing the Ed.30 and then looking at a standard GTi the differences really stood out. The finishing touches on the Ed.30 really look top quality. Its hard to describe but it just seemed a more complete car.

The mk4 GTi was out for alot longer before the 25th anniversary edition was released, so maybe the mk5 is still growing on people. I agree that the wheels on the 25th Anni stood out more that the Ed. 30, but look at the trouble people had with them corroding. Personally i would rather have a set of rims which stand the test of time. Plus i guess the BBS CH's are lighter.....

But like i said, everyone is entitled to their opinion.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
love the red stitching but the centre of the seats is awful, would have to spec leather if its still on the options.

Like the wheels, rear bumper and the extra power would be nice, how much extra standard is it over the GTi?

Mark

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
love the red stitching but the centre of the seats is awful, would have to spec leather if its still on the options.
Its retro. Guess you either like it or not. Most people who have grown up with GTi's tend to like it. Its not just VW who's doing it. The Renault Clio Sport 197 has gone back to retro looking interior.

Leather is not an option

Like the wheels, rear bumper and the extra power would be nice, how much extra standard is it over the GTi?
30 bhp more than standard GTi. Its not just a re-map either.....

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks for that, they look fantastic! I now know I've made the right choice, would've been nice if the 5 door had been in steel grey to gauge the look exactly, but the silver gives a good indication. I like the interior, wifey's got full leather (ooo-eer) interior on her mini & I much prefer the part leather look. Why is the time to March 1st passing so slowly? Arggghhh!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Of course, if you already have a GTI, I wouldn't trade it in for one. Why?

1.) Much prefer the Monzas to those alloys.

2.) You can get the black bits painted for about ?400 anyway. Also, R32 style tail-lights are around ?250.

3.) Adding 50 bhp to the unit with a remap will cost about ?500.

So, you can have a standard GTI look exacly the same and have a little more power for not much more than ?1500. The only thing I can see you won't get is the red stitching (oh and the golfball knob which I'm sure will become available as a replica soon).

Nice as a collectors item though!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Thanks for taking the pics Turbo Batch.

Maybe the wheels will grow on me but at the moment the Monza II's have the edge.

As you said once the car is 'lowered' & the caps are on it could look different ?

It is strange though that they have done away with the Ali accelerator pedal.

Find the red stitching a bit tacky myself especially the 'overkill' on the DSG shroud.( this could be the camera flash perhaps making it too in your face ).

Surprised the dealers didn't spec up with Xenons for demo cars.

Having said all that would not say no to the extra 30 horse.

Can you find an excuse next time you are passing to see/take pics under the bonnet please !!?

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.