Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
That chrome grill does nothing for me. Wonder if the LED lights will appear? Bit difficult to make out from those photos...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep I agree, that annoyed me that they didn't offer the choice of the diesel engine earlier, due to starting a new job where I was doing around an 80mph round trip a day I had to get shot of my GTi.

Wonder when it will appear though, I reckon they will ne showing a finished version at the Geneva motorshow in March.

Hope they don't put them wheelson it though [:p]

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm surprised they didn't make the side strips silver aswell just to bling it up a little for chavs.

Maybe that will be part of the chav chrome kit

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I don't have a problem with either car per sey.  However, I agree the silver strips on the GTD would have to go.  Lets hope VW UK don't call it a GTI, although I suspect they might.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Why have VW decided to ditch the front fog lights from all the hot Golfs.  New R32 has not fog lights either.  Now they are removed from the GTi as well.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I wonder if they will produce a GTD anni style grille badge?

If so, then I reckon we shall start seeing them appear on MK4 TDI's.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Two things of note.

1) As stated, badged GTI. Not clever, but hardly bloody surprising

2) No door sill trim doodahs on the GTD, you know the ones I mean - the ones that come in black down the side of the car when you buy a new GTI - so it's much smoother and needs no colour coding down the side. However the back'll still need work if it's not a black one.

C

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Theres no guarentee that the GTI badge will make it to the road version though. Might see the GTD badge resurface. I agree that those crome trim on the bumper need to go though. I dont like the grills on the fog light sections either, much prefer the honeycomb of the GTI.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Why have VW decided to ditch the front fog lights from all the hot Golfs. New R32 has not fog lights either. Now they are removed from the GTi as well.
Good point; I can't understand why they're not fitted on R32 considering it's the top model.

I wonder why VW feel the need to facelift the MKV after 2 years when the MKIV had no facelifts throughout it's 6 year life.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts