Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am after an anniversary roof/head lining including all pillars, sunvisors etc. I have seen a couple of people on here selling theres on the classifed's and have PM'd them but no response so far.

The reason i want this, for those of you that are unaware, is because it is black! Black pillars, visors, handles, the lot. Very sexy!

Can anyone on here help at all?

Haven't seen any dumped anniversary's round your way in perfect condition have ya? [B)]

·
Registered
703 Posts
I believe that Mister E may be able to help you there, unless he has found a buyer for his 'spare' Anni headlining - he's only up the M4 in Reading.

Chris

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats the one i PM'd it i think.

C'mon Mister E, check your messages! You've got a potential buyer!

Cheers Chris!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I too though of this. But shyed away from it as it would make the car so dark from inside. And it would make my tints look so much darker than they already are!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by asgh4r on 22/09/2004 14:34:39

I too though of this. But shyed away from it as it would make the car so dark from inside. And it would make my tints look so much darker than they already are!

Exactly why i like it! All the better to perform dark deeds in a dark corner on a dark night with the loveleeee ladeeeee... lol

Does anyone know if VW do black rear-view mirrors?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
My Golf already has a black mirror :)

Reason I'm selling the headliner is I've got a sunroof otherwise I'd love to do the swap myself!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yeah i was gonna buy this, but i have a sunroof... may have to go for a custom re-trim... ive been after this for ages really!

And as for to dark...... surely not if its standard in the anni and the S3 it cant be too dark??

Any idea how much it would cost to get recovered?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Well, I've given Sceptic first refusal on it since he enquired first. Otherwise, form an orderly queue [:D]

Since I've had the head lining in the garage, it's been covered by a sheet to strop it getting dirty etc. Can't say the same for my old sports seats, which now need a clean :/

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Ok, Sceptic has said he can't sort anything for two weeks and I've PM'd the other two people that were interested but nothing back after some questions so anyone else who's interested, PM me [:D]

I should be taking some pictures on sunday so I'll stick it on ebay then and you can all bid :)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
For those that want the more DIY approach, they can look at the following url...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1312975 "The "JKREW 20th Anni. Interior in a Can" Mod". This link shows how involved removing the head liner is and what it essentially looks like on the reverse side. It's not just floppy material.

Part numbers for the genuine headliner and trim are as follows...

1J3-867-501-AP-54A (Black Headliner) 312.27

1J0-867-351-B-54A (A pillar drivers side) 63.23

1J0-867-352-B-54A (A pillar passenger side) 61.05

1J3-868-417-J-54A (B pillar drivers side) 101.81

1J3-868-418-J-54A (B pillar passenger side) 101.81

1J3-867-241-B-54A (Rear drivers side) 74.02

1J3-867-242-B-54A (Rear passenger side) 62.24

Guessing these prices are in US Dollars since it was lifted from http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1072331&page=2 (American site) and a more complete list of parts are on page 3 but not all have prices, like the sun visors, reading lights and grab handles

Either way, you can see the bits are NOT cheap. Guessing those would quite easily translate into UK Pounds at the Stealers! Those are the prices the guy paid, not the listed RRPs according to the thread. Note the prices and part numbers for black grab handles or sun visors aren't there, these would cost extra normally.

I have the lot listed above plus sun visors and one grab handle in classifieds, see http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/classifieds.asp?ADVERT_ID=3224&TOPIC_ID=12

For those interested in a black W8 light, take a look at http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1183190

As you can see, I'd looked into this a fair bit as I was hoping to do this conversion myself but it isn't to be at the mo unless I sell my car and buy a non-sunroof car, just not brave enough to hack the headliner myself but others might have a better clue as to what they're doing on this front. [:)]

Cheers

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I sold my headliner with all it's bits at the bargain price of 180quid and there wasn't much interest then!

Had all the expensive bits for the conversion, just needed a few cheap bits like a couple of seat belt clamshells

1 - 20 of 20 Posts