Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the dealers today and they had just taken delivery of a 2006 spec GTI

Compared with mine I can confirm the following.

Bee-sting Aerial
Brushed Alloy internal Front door handles
Different knobs on Stereo
Dash colour is different but don't think it's any darker.
Trim around DSG gear stick is Chrome and not brushed Alloy
It now says off on the up shift paddle
MFSW buttons are different, they operate the computer instead of the buttons on the wiper stalk.
No alloy cover on front ashtray, instead it was a cubbyhole with a 12v power point like the boot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been watching the forum for weeks now and not yet posted. Now that delivery of my GTI (DSG) - I guess a 2006 model - is just over a week away I just can't hold back any more!

What does the "off" on the up shift paddle mean?

Now that paddles are standard, I guess that VW won't give me any freebie for the (admittedly low) ?20 overspend on the ?515 MFSW (compared to the ?495 for the manual's MFSW)?

I can't bear the wait much longer. I ordered in NOVEMBER (changed my mind on spec in February and had to wait for a week 26 build). Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mikemod, all we need are some pictures now.
I'm going back on Friday as they are going to show me how to change the Xenons over for driving in France.

What do you want pictures off, i'm sure there would be no problem

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spoke to one of the tech guys who seemed very knowledgeable for a change. He had been over at Milton Keynes last week for a course on the new passat so got talking to a few people over there.

Seemingly they were getting bad reception from the rear window aerial, in some countries, and they had to go back to the beesting.

The ash tray removal is now part of a non smoking pack which seems to be standard unless you ask for an ashtray.

He also said that the LED lights from the new Golf Plus and Passat would make it onto the Golf by next year.

·
Registered
111 Posts
What has changed on the fog lights?

The only change that looks better is the door pull, I like not having an aerial on the roof and the new radio buttons look a bit out of place.

Still it's a GTI [:D] and no one's going to be complaining

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What has changed on the fog lights?
Large reflector instead of the small lens. Why ???

I don't care about the changes, it was only for other peoples information

I love my car the way it is [:D][:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bit annoyed at the dash change in colour, but everthing else, i prefer my mkv [:$]
I looked at the dash on the three Golfs that were there and I prefer my own, there really isn't much difference in colour. The new upper dash seems to be a completely different colour from the lower dash and the door trim. I like my own better.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Seemingly they were getting bad reception from the rear window aerial, in some countries, and they had to go back to the beesting.
I get poor reception in my area (Northumberland) from the rear window aerial. Although it doesn't look as good, I would prefer a bee-sting.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Great post mikemod [:)]

The brushed Al doorpull looks lovely, I bet it feels rather sexy [:$]

Other mods make little difference apart from the awful non-smoker option. I would defo ask for the smoker option even though I don't smoke.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I'm with several of the others above - I've got a 2005, and (purely from the photos I admit), I prefer mine.

I get better reception on the Mk5 without the ext aerial than I did on my MK4 some how! [:D]

I don't smoke in the car, but the ash tray's essential - good for holding my small items of work junk! [:D]

Nothing appears to make that much of a difference... so it's all good really [:D]

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't smoke in the car, but the ash tray's essential... [:D]
Yep exactly! The ash tray acts like a bin for me - sweetie and chewing gum wrappers... all stuffed away out of sight and emptied every so often/when I can't shut the lid properly! [:)]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Urn - bang on... Just hope they haven't removed that road-angel sized cubby hole underneath the light controls... Invaluable!!! (I hope that's not full too!)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts