Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

· Registered
3,199 Posts
OK, i see this one has prompted some 'interesting' points......not about the car but about how we put our opinions across.....

Very subjective matter really, but just how far does one go?

Surely anyone who's going to join the forum would already know the 'form' here just by being interested anough to investigate recent discussion and read threads?

Perhaps members shouldn't just post a single picture of their ride and say 'What do you think?'

In my opinion, that's an invitation to do just that - say it how it is, no holds barred.

Putting more effort into posting several pics and some background on what/how the work was achieved and why, may help us to see what the objective was.

I also agree that we should have a wide enough vocabulary to speak in a constructive and informative manner....after all, this is our bag, baby.

<hr noshade size="1">

Personally speaking........

I don't think exaggerated body styling lines that excessively alter or betray the original shape concept of the mk4, really work well at all.

It's all 'trying too hard' to stand out........but i am an old fossil and perhaps the days of those thoughts are gone for me...LOL!

The black carbon bonnet is a cool idea.......performance enhancement in purest form...weight-loss.

Stand on the highest mountain and sing it out loud - black look works........but...not with the body kit.

It's kinda chalk and cheese in looks and a waste of time (as has been said) in function (due to the extra weight of the other bits)

Can't tell how well it's been fitted or what the rest of the car's like to be honest...pics aint that big.

To summarise, the execution may be perfect but it's a concept lacking direction.

White cars can be tough to make look good, but I prefer the 'less is more' approach, and there are several white mk4's stateside that carry the Edition 38-look off to a tee.

Soz.

· Registered
771 Posts
Quote: posted by RS2002 on 29/09/2004 19:21:10

Nothing wrong with Carbon Fiber bonnets... it all depends on how you go about styling the rest of the car.

Posted Image

Not too keen on the Wings West spoilers though, but happy moding, irrespective.

Hmm, nice [:D][:D][:D]

· Registered
2,634 Posts
Quote: posted by Foxy on 30/09/2004 22:35:26

<snip>...In my opinion, that's an invitation to do just that - say it how it is, no holds barred.

Mostly I agree Jon, give an opinion, don't hold back, but also don't be insulting. I know that in many ways a forum like this is quite an impersonal form of communicating, but to me if you wouldn't say it to someone's face then don't say it here either.

If you were at a meet you may think that a car is minging and discuss it with those around you, but would you say it to the owner if he asked? I think not, unless you knew him very well!!

· Registered
3,199 Posts
Richard.......I understand and agree.

When I said ".....no holds barred.....", I really meant "a frank and honest view".

Insults are uncalled for - that's agreed.

I trust you see I was trying to be fair from both sides.

· Registered
274 Posts
The way I see it, at least this guy is doing what he wants to do and not following everybody elses leads. Some people dont like my BOLF but I dont care, its my car and it looks different, not like every other mk4 that seems to be following the same old RS4 wheels and anniversary bodykit formula.

Like or dislike Wings West (not my cup of tea) at least this guy is making an effort. I personally quite like the CF bonnet and may be putting one on the BOLF soon.

· Registered
3,732 Posts
Quote: posted by dub warrior2 on 07/10/2004 02:40:20

The way I see it, at least this guy is doing what he wants to do and not following everybody elses leads. Some people dont like my BOLF but I dont care, its my car and it looks different, not like every other mk4 that seems to be following the same old RS4 wheels and anniversary bodykit formula.

Like or dislike Wings West (not my cup of tea) at least this guy is making an effort. I personally quite like the CF bonnet and may be putting one on the BOLF soon.

I looooooooove your bolf [:X]

It's certainly different!

Not keen on CF bonnets in general though.

· Registered
3,732 Posts
Quote: posted by dub warrior2 on 08/10/2004 16:10:26

Have been meaning to take a decent set of shots for a while now but not got round to it. Will find decent location and wait for some sun.

So in about 8 months time then? [B)][:eek:)]

Joking... I'm hoping to get some nice 'winter sun' ones - frosty!

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.