Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

· Registered
2,846 Posts
Well then just say that you dont like it, dont say you have got to be having a laugh the guys really going to be interested in posting again on anything if that is the kind of response he gets.

All I am saying is think before you post as I as much as any person do not want this forum to become intimidating, if you dont like why not suggest something that you would feel would improve it.

But if you just want to poke fun at people then go for it I aint going to stop you, this is a place where you can post your opinion regardless of what it maybe.

· Registered
92 Posts
Well said walrus, as you say each to their own and this site prides itself in being helpful and not like the other sites. Its not to my taste either but to the owner its what he wanted to achieve. More sublte is my cuppa tea but fair doos

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Ok it maybe not to everyones taste but you must admit the kit looks well fitted. Obviously a lot of time and effort has gone into this car.

I must admit that I think it detracts from the Golf's classic styling. IMHO subtle is the way to go. There are just too many angles and not enough smooth lines.

· Registered
4,518 Posts
Its not finfished yet, it needs

Underlight neons

silver faded tints

lexus lights

jacked up rear suspension

silver M3 mirrors

LED windscreen washers

sorry its just not nice! get a jap motor for jap styling, you wouldnt put english ford rs rallye styling on a jap or german car, nor would you give jap Civic Type r the german euro smooth small fat wheel treatment, SO WHY GIVE A GERMAN CAR JAP TREATMENT IT DOES NOT WORK.

Its a bit like wearing lether jacket with a tracksuit or trainers with a tucsedo all very wrong

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Im interested to see people's opinion hence why I posted the pic here good or bad. It doesnt bother me much as its not my car.

I think its definately eye catching but for me I wouldnt be doing the same if i had Golf because Im a performance enthusiasts.

· Registered
2,634 Posts
Quote: posted by Turbo Batch on 28/09/2004 15:23:09

So its ok to rip it out of Chav's for making their Nova's look like a shed but its not ok to criticise when someone does it to a Golf?

Don't understand what some people's problems are. Free Speech all all that!?!?!

As this is a Golf forum aren't we supposed to be open to Golfs of all shapes and sizes, or are you introducing the 'taste police' all of a sudden..... 'cos if you're doing that why not ban body kits, big wheels and ICE installs at the same time....

For those of you who remember a comment was posted on a thread about personal plates, it was a strong (poorly judged in my opinion[;)]) comment and the poster was hugely criticised for expressing his opinion openly - so why is it OK now when it's a Golf you don't like?

If it's not your taste then say so, but don't be insulting. After all people may not like what you've done either.....

· Registered
2,846 Posts
My thoughts exactly Richard.

I am not a fan of a few cars on here but have not insulted them just said it is not to my taste, if you are unable to comment on something that you dont like then I suggest you go back to school and learn some manners.

It seems to be all to easy to insult some one on a forum but come face to face would you tell them what you where thinking I doubt it !!!

· Registered
345 Posts
EDIT - gonna eat my words as its no point argueing over this.

But one point i do want to make is that peoples opinions do matter.

There have been times when i thought about doing things and its not until someone with a strong view on the matter shares this with you that you really start to 'see'!! [??]

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.