Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been on vw website and it states that the gti has the following wheels as standard

Alloy wheels, four 7 1/2J x 18 'Pescara' with 225/40 R18 tyres and anti-theft wheel bolts

I though as standard it had the 17's with the 18's being an optional extra?

In the options there is a set of

Four 7 1/2J x 18' 'Monza II' with 225/40 R18 tyres

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
That could have an impact on the values of those with 17" wheels, will definitely affect their desirability to those in the know...bugger!

Wonder what the Pescara wheels look like, seems a strange call when the Monza wheels are very much part of the look of the GTI.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone have a pic of these 'Pescara' alloys?  Wife is getting her GTI in a couple of weeks and decided to stick with the standard 17's.  Wonder what she will get?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I notice it also says Windscreen wiper with intermittent wipe and 4 position delay

Does this mean the auto wipers have gone as well.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I notice it also says Windscreen wiper with intermittent wipe and 4 position delay

Does this mean the auto wipers have gone as well.
That's no bad thing, at least the new owners won't get the random wipe syndrome when it's completely dry and then the frustration of them not coming on soon enough when it's completely hissing it down.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That could have an impact on the values of those with 17" wheels, will definitely affect their desirability to those in the know...bugger!

Wonder what the Pescara wheels look like, seems a strange call when the Monza wheels are very much part of the look of the GTI.
They'll probably be horrible to try and encourage more people to pay extra for the 18" Monzas...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'll be well miffed if 18's are standard now. I really regret not
getting them as it is!

Rain sensor and automatic dimming interior rear-view mirror is on
there so I guess they haven't been dropped. Personally i love them ( tho do sometimes
get a random mystery wipe when it's completely dry)

It also states Golf-ball design gear lever, which could be
interesting. Still no LED rear lights tho[:(]

Steve

·
Registered
182 Posts
the web site contradicts itself as elsewere it says 17" monza's are still std, I guess someone messed up again , given u have 4 position wiper delay and autosensing u don't have both so almost certainly errors there

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hmmmm....

Interesting - I was wondering if VW had decided to
change the 18" spec. because of the large number of corrosion
associated warranty replacements on Monza 2's?

Any of our dealership members shed any light on this?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Whoever puts these spec lists together for the website seems to always get things wrong or introduce inconsistancies. You will also notice it says 2-zone climate control AND climatic semi-auto air conditioning.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I actually think this sums up the accuracy of the whole item

Black side bump strips and door handles
Body-colored bumper strips
Body-colored side bump strips and door handles
Body-coloured bumpers, front and rear with black bump strips

anyone care to say which one you actually get?

·
Registered
894 Posts
The GTI still gets ' Full size wheel trims' as well....

Its about time VW UK really sorted out the specs on the website its been full of obvious inconsistencies for ages.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Think about it......

- Mystery 18" alloys wheels as standard

- Golf ball gear knob

- Carpet mats with red edging

Does this not sound like some numpty has just updated the website GTI base spec against 30th Anni additions?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anni gets full size wheel trims aswell then?
Its not called inconsistency for nothing [:O] Tthey have the words, they put them in the wrong place, I can deal with that.

Where do you reckon these additions came from otherwise?

I doubt they just made them up[A]

·
Registered
182 Posts
Anni gets full size wheel trims aswell then?
Its not called inconsistency for nothing [:O] Tthey have the words, they put them in the wrong place, I can deal with that.

Where do you reckon these additions came from otherwise?

I doubt they just made them up[A]
Each countries GTI spec is different, so there's almost certainly a full list of what a car might have from VAG, but VW uk, chose certain parts, USA ( which can have golf ball gearknob), VW france chose others, VW germany others etc, So I don't see anything there that isn't available already including the red trim mats in another country

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Hmmmm....

Interesting - I was wondering if VW had decided to change the 18" spec. because of the large number of corrosion associated warranty replacements on Monza 2's?

What corrosion problems on monza II alloys! I have speced this on my new GTi, I had 3 sets of alloys on my Anni I don't want to go through the same on the mk5!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Hmmmm....

Interesting - I was wondering if VW had decided to change the 18" spec. because of the large number of corrosion associated warranty replacements on Monza 2's?

What corrosion problems on monza II alloys! I have speced this on my new GTi, I had 3 sets of alloys on my Anni I don't want to go through the same on the mk5!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts