Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a 2009 GTD but have not got the full spec yet. Have to wait till Wednesday!

Do all GTD's come with the MDI port in Centre consol? Can i connect iPhone 4 to it and listen to all my music and control from RNC510 installed?

Also do they all come with rain sensing wipers and auto lights?

Thanks

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yes they all come with the MDI and auto lights/rain sensors, the RNS510 is the nav and is not standard mind. the RCD310 is standard then the next model is the RCD510 then the RNS510. Not sure about the iPhone 4 mind.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent thanks for info, It has the rcd510 ! Will the parking sensors be displayed on 510 screen?

I will try and get full spec from VW as dealer selling is very unsure of full spec!!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
no problem with the iP4 - I have one and it's fine. You'll get the " this accessory" blurb when you connect it but just ignore it, it will charge fine

Yes, the parking sensor info will be displayed on the screen. It starts off yellowy/orange when it detects an object and will go read the closer you get to it

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes they all come with the MDI and auto lights/rain sensors, the RNS510 is the nav and is not standard mind. the RCD310 is standard then the next model is the RCD510 then the RNS510. Not sure about the iPhone 4 mind.
Yes thats correct. I don't have an iPhone but I think it plugs into the auxilary socket on the front of the armrest. You can build you're own spec and download the brochure with all specs if you click on the Order a brochure link and download GTD brochure, pricelist and accessories pdf. [:D]

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/golf-gti-vi/which-model/compare/597

·
Registered
214 Posts
i have a 2010 GT TDI and mine does not have the auto sensing lights and wipers fitted, these are an option according to the 2010 brochure - £75 extra I think

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found out today it has the following options.

5 Door Black Met

Leather

RCD510

Front & Rear Sensors

Parking Camera

Think it will have heated seats due to the leather.

Also think it was an ex demonstrator according to VW guy today.

Looking forward to getting it on Wed or Thurs

·
Registered
511 Posts
i have a 2010 GT TDI and mine does not have the auto sensing lights and wipers fitted, these are an option according to the 2010 brochure - £75 extra I think
Standard on a GTD rather than a GT TDI, along with Climate and GTI interior, different wheels and body kit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Standard on a GTD rather than a GT TDI, along with Climate and GTI interior, different wheels and body kit.
I think you will find it's a GTD interior the GTI has different cloth

Also does the GTD come with a gas mask for the fumes, sorry couldn't resist it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
True its a grey/white combo instead of grey and red combo in the GTI. You dont need a gas mask, just the people behind you do. Hehe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts