Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the game and before playing it I thought I would have a quick look on the net for some hints and tips.

Heres one I found that seems handy enough

http://cheats.ign.com/ob2/068/489/489327.html?fromint=1

Anyone got any hints and tips[?]

I suspect there may be lots, please add them or a link to them here.

One tip is that you can tranfer licences and credits over from GT3 but by doing so you dont unlock certain cars, thats a handy tip as I was going to transfer mine, looks like Im gonna do the whole shooting match now.........Bring it on!

Do you think this thread might be valued enough to get a 6 month sticky, since it is car related afterall [;)] it would save me bumping it [:p]

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Good find mate!

One tip I have is instead of using brakes just plough into the rear of a leading car and let him slam into the barrier! job jobbed!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Dont switch your machine off in a rage without going to the home page. Or you risk corrupting the data file! Did this over the weekend at 25% Grrrr!

·
Registered
336 Posts
what do you mean by going to the home page? you mean by returning to the main grand turismo screen where you can go "home" - "licences" - "Europe" etc. etc.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Quote: posted by Royster on 29/03/2005 20:24:25

I need a tip actually can anyone recommend a decent car that is less than 3400mm long?

I souped up an Autobianchi I had won with some NOS and sticky tyres [:D] After that a ginetta i also bought turbo'd and nos'd helped me through the tests for the professional events

Also I think anything small Jap (Grand Move etc works) or Vauxhall Tigra which is what I raced.

@ Ollie - the main page - home, licenses dealers seems fine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Quote: posted by Ricardo on 28/03/2005 19:17:19

Dont switch your machine off in a rage without going to the home page. Or you risk corrupting the data file! Did this over the weekend at 25% Grrrr!

Deffo a good point Rich.

One more way to avoid this, is to disable the autosave. So then the PS2 won't be writing to the memory card when you least expect it...

Just don't forget to manually save your progress after a two hour endurance race or summat [;)]

·
Registered
646 Posts
Quote: posted by AndrewB on 30/03/2005 17:19:46

Quote: posted by Ricardo on 28/03/2005 19:17:19

Deffo a good point Rich.

One more way to avoid this, is to disable the autosave. So then the PS2 won't be writing to the memory card when you least expect it...

Just don't forget to manually save your progress after a two hour endurance race or summat [;)]

Andrew - GT4 still writes to the card even when autosave is disabled[:(]. Probs all the people doing a mistake and then reset to keep win rate or not loose too many credits on a poo car - You got it yet - fancy borrowing mine to win me some tasty motors[:p]

·
Registered
295 Posts
i know a few little ins and outs of the game!

Extra Horsepower - If you buy a new car, or get a new car, getting an oil change will increase hp's before having used the car.

Hidden Black Cars - On days 694-700 in the used car lots you can buy special black versions of: 1.Toyota GT One Race Car 2.Mazda 787B 3.Nissan R390 Race Car 4.Nissan R92CP Race Car 5.Honda S2000 6.Clio Sport V6 24V Race Car To Buy them all it comes to roughly 9,000,000 credits.

Infrared/Night Vision Instant Replays - During a replay, quickly press Square 4x to see a night or infrared vision replay.

Other Hints -

-There are a number of "hidden" controls in Gran Turismo 4 that will make navigating the game a bit easier. On the main Gran Turismo Mode screen, press L1 to jump the cursor to Home, and press R1 to jump the cursor to the country of your vehicle's manufacturer.

-When looking at your garage in Home, press START to bring up the vehicle settings screen.

-When changing your vehicle's settings, press START to enlarge the Engine Power/Torque curve.

-During a pit stop, press X to to stop refueling, letting you get out of the stop faster.

-With the Driving Force Pro wheel, press any combination of the LEFT, RIGHT, and DOWN buttons on the D-pad to look in that direction while driving.

-At any screen with scrolling text, pause the ticker by pressing L3. The information ticker sometimes have the best tips in the game.

Fastest Race for Profit - Start out with any vehicle you like. When you make enough money to make your vehicle faster using the beginner hall, move over the the special conditions Hall. Defeat the first race (Rally d' Umbria) and you will receive a Cadillac CIEN '02. Get more money and put more power into your Cadillac CIEN '02 (you won't have to if you don't want to). The CIEN will gain almost 1000+ HP. Go to the second race with the CEIN in the Special Conditions Hall called Rally d' Capri. After you win that race you will get a Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car '02 which you can sell for more than $230,000+. Keep racing that race and keep making the money.

you can also check out this forum for all your q/a!

http://www.gtplanet.net

they have all the prize car lists, etc. I would just straight up post the prize car list, but I think it's different for NA

·
Registered
295 Posts
also, the best car for the lightweight k cup is the suzuki cappacino. i know, i know, but seriously. get one from used cars, do it up a little, and destroy. You win the Ginetta, which is TOTALLY SWEET!!!!! We worked over our Ginetta and waxed many supercars!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Quote: posted by Ricardo on 30/03/2005 17:38:39

Andrew - GT4 still writes to the card even when autosave is disabled[:(]. Probs all the people doing a mistake and then reset to keep win rate or not loose too many credits on a poo car - You got it yet - fancy borrowing mine to win me some tasty motors[:p]

Pants! Good job you told me! [8D]

Bought it at weekend using the "trade in 4 games" offer at Game. Which I did, by finding 4 games in their bargain bin for 2ukp each [:D]

Does anybody else keep wiping their data and starting from scratch, because the black MkIV GTI-T vanishes off the 2nd hand list before they can buy it? [;)]

·
Registered
285 Posts
That Ginetta G4 is a pile of poo. Read some guide where they recommended using it for the 1000km Race in the European event, but to make sure it had 200BHP +

So fully tuned it up (within the allowances of the race) and set it racing on B-Spec Mode. Left it for a while on the first race which was the Ring, and when I came back it was 2 minutes behind a the old Merc SL and started watching it and found that it couldn't even stay on the track around the bends and that was on Medium Pace. So I pitted it in with new tyres etc and took over the driving and found that it wasn't just the B-Spec mode, the car is just absolutely hopeless when it comes to fast or tight bends. It had the strangest mixture of understeer going in and then oversteer coming out of tight bends. On fast bends the back end it to happy to come out of shape and spin the car off.

·
Registered
295 Posts
oh, yeah....

forgot to mention that that car totally blows at the ring! i can't remember what I used for the 1000 miles....

pretty sure I used the Ginetta, but I could be wrong. Since it's a long championship, you should have plenty of time to make up points

·
Registered
185 Posts
can anyone shed any light on which car to do the proffesional level, gt world champs in to unlock the extreme events. I have used a jaguar xk9 race car and finish a few points behind the sauber c9. also regarding the endurance races can you save it during a 24hr race, i've done a few 2-3hr races but with no save option i can't see me getting round to 24hrs. If anyones interested, i've got a list of all cars you can win and what you win them for, Pm me for the list.

·
Registered
295 Posts
dont know about saving in the middle of a race, but why, just set it up and let it rip on b-spec. We used the GT Formula car for that series of races. You can win the GT formula car in the endurance races.

endurance racing - you can switch from a-spec to b-spec in the pits, and if youre in b-spec, it will automatically pit when need. if youre in b-spec mode, if you hit R1, it brings up a different display. Then if you hold [email protected], and press right a few times, it will speed the race up to 3x normal speed. But, when you pit, either by calling for it yourself, or letting it happen automatically, it will go back to the regular veiw, and take regular time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts