Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I often browse this site and read alot of the posts, so I've decided to sign up and ask my own question.

I currently have a GT TDI 110, just ticked over the 115k miles mark, and I'm in two minds about if i should Mod it/Tune it, is it worth spending money on the 110 version?

on some simple modifications such as de-cat, full miltek exhaust + re-map what power would it be producing, roughly, i'm not going for a big amount of power, just something to make you smile when you put your foot down, In the future i am planning on getting a hybrid turbo fitted to which ever TDI I have.

Any advice and stuff would be great [:)]

·
Registered
764 Posts
From what i've read on here if your wanting to start modifying your TDI it's much easier to do it with a PD engine (100,115,130,150).

The other thing is that the 110 has a different sort of ECU so it's not just a simple remapping, though i'm not 100% sure on whether that's for every 110 or just the early ones.

Though if you did get it done i'd say you would be looking at about 140bhp, maybe more depending on how much your clutch can handle.

Also I would save your money and get a PD130 (seems to be the most common for tuning capability and price) as a full miltek and a remap will set you back about what, £500?

Just my 50p, I held off on getting a 110 so I could get a PD TDI and i'm glad I did (Regardless of the problems i've got) as when it comes to modifying them reaching 200bhp isn't so far away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts