Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...anyone got any pictures? With standard seats if possible. Can't find any on the VW website.

Ta!

JP

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got mine on Monday and took pics of exterior and interior but couldnt work out how to post pics on here so gave up!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
To post pictures you will need to host them, most people use www.photobucket.com its free to register. Then you just upload the pictures and copy the image tags and insert them into your thread. I've seen the interior and the seats are the saem as the rest of the Golf range, except they have a "brick" pattern. The worst interior I have seen is the new EOS, it looked like a deckchair pattern

·
Registered
21 Posts
The interior in the new GT is a disappointment if you ask me. I will take some pics of mine at lunch time and post them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have seen the 2007 interior in a 1.4 TSI and I am not a fan of the silver radio buttons other than that it didn't seem much different from our 54 GT TDI but I am sure someone will be along in a mo to tell me the differences other than the radio buttons :D

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I am not a fan of the silver radio buttons other than that it didn't seem much different from our 54 GT TDI but I am sure someone will be along in a mo to tell me the differences other than the radio buttons :D
I think its more than the two big knobs that are now silver - its all the radio buttons.

·
Registered
40 Posts
here is a few quick pics I took of car when I got it last Monday, sorry my camera isnt that great. Very happy with car so far, done 450miles in 5 days not really put my foot down yet to test the power. Just washed it today and the alloys are a nightmare to clean!

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/matrixjs/Picture006.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/matrixjs/car1.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/matrixjs/car2.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/matrixjs/car3.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/matrixjs/car4.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k245/matrixjs/car5.jpg

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Looks great, I managed to sit in one. I like the very subtle stylish look, VW does this very well - makes the GTi look a little over the top in comparsion.

But I can't believe on such an expensive car dual climatronic is optional!! I guess this is the replacement for my car [:(]

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
makes the GTi look a little over the top in comparsion.
Ah come on.. the GT is for people who can't afford to buy/run/insure a GTI. It's hardly the better car no matter what you compare [;)]

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Ah come on.. the GT is for people who can't afford to buy/run/insure a GTI. It's hardly the better car no matter what you compare [;)]
Not true, as much as i like the GTi there is no way I would spend 21k + on it, I'd rather save my money and get the Focus ST. Not that i'm likely to do that either

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Not true, as much as i like the GTi there is no way I would spend 21k + on it, I'd rather save my money and get the Focus ST. Not that i'm likely to do that either
You've just proved my point. What's your reason? Money! [;)]

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I can afford to buy the GTi but I'd consider it a waste (not that the GTi is a bad car) I just wouldn't spend that much on any car. For less money than a New GTi you can buy something older and better and won't lose as much money. Whislt the Golf in general has a good % retained the actual high list price means that you lose more money. I lost just over 7k on my 3 year old Focus after owning it from new and covering 53k. It seems that I have already lost 6k in the GOlf after only 14 months. I'm giving serious consideration to getting a poxy french car next - Renault, i've got a scenic as a hire car and whilst it isn't as good to drive as the GOlf it has much more comfy seats... having said all that if a cheap Gti came my way I would probably consider it !

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I was only commenting on looks!!

I know the VW had to make a big effort with the current GTi to ('close the circle' etc). It does look good and I'm sure it performs but to me its looks are a little over the top. Of couse asthetics are always subjective.

But then I prefer a 'low profile' performace car. Perhaps I'm getting old[:|]

Not sure if the laws of diminishing returns applies to the current Golf but it certainly applies to the mk iv TDi 130 and TDi 150.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I considered getting a GTI but for me it was the money thing, it would have cost me over 2k more and I didnt want to be forever at the petrol pumps, paying more road tax and more insurance so I decided on the 170 TDI GT instead and it only cost me 17.5k :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
The only reason i'd buy a GT 170 is because I want a quick diesel, without having to sweat it out at a chip tuning garage.I owned the previous version of the Honda Civic, I couldn't quite afford the Type-R so bought the Sport instead. Which like the Golf GT 170, was a car that borrowed its older brothers' jeans & shirt, but found it couldn't quite get into the club.
I think if VW were serious about promoting Diesel as a performance solution, then they should have aligned it with the GTI in terms of specification & design. The GT for me has budget written all over it, but then I guess it is a fair penny or two cheaper than the GTI. So fair doo's.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
That GT is a great looking car - congrats.

How did thread turn into a petty argument about the merits of a GTI against a GT? I don't know, some people [:p]

·
Registered
423 Posts
Apologies to the original poster & to those who have bought the GT170, my comments were not intended to malign your purchase.Indeed the GT is a good car.Had it been available when I bought mine I might have been tempted.My comments were rather an annoyance at VW. I thought it was a wasted opportunity at really promoting the Diesel as a performance alternative.It should have stood shoulder to shoulder with the GTi as it was with the MK1.But unlike the MK1's these days there's little in it in terms of performance.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Apologies to the original poster & to those who have bought the GT170, my comments were not intended to malign your purchase.Indeed the GT is a good car.Had it been available when I bought mine I might have been tempted.My comments were rather an annoyance at VW. I thought it was a wasted opportunity at really promoting the Diesel as a performance alternative.It should have stood shoulder to shoulder with the GTi as it was with the MK1.But unlike the MK1's these days there's little in it in terms of performance.
Your see where your coming from but I don't agree with you. In the same way BMW have stated that there will never be a diesel M car I don't think there should be a diesel GTi. True diesel performance is great in the real world. They feel really punchy low down but for spirited driving your always running out of revs - takes a spell in a decent petrol car to remind me of this (ie CTR).

I think GT is the perfect tag for the new high powered TDi, not too showy, stylish.

I didn't like the press photos but I really like this one. If I were in the market for a new Golf I would consider this or the TSi 170.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts