Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum,

if you have a GT TDI 1.9 (130Bhp)

i am just interested to see what mods others have done to the car and how they performed? or what "combination" of mods have gone well together

i.e. milltek cat back and carbonio induction .........etc...etc...

Cheers, hope this makes an interesting thread - valuable to the diesel tuning people

GT 130

·
Registered
193 Posts
think this should be a good post mate..

my mods are engine wise - remap to give 170+ bhp, and a welly load of torque, coupled with FK Coilovers, and my car goes like stink and handles well to boot!

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
PD 130 base car:

Remapped by AmD to 182bhp, with a twin jet milltek catback exhaust:

The car is now very quick, huge amounts of torque (301) makes overtaking easy [;)] The exhaust is quite throaty, makes a decent sound, but isn't any louder than oem at motorway speeds.

Eibach pro-kit springs and shocks and S3 upper strut brace:

Totally different car handling wise. Sticks to the road much better and there's not as much body roll. The ride isn't much harder either, not noticeable on major roads, only sharp (raised ironworks etc) cause a slightly harsher ride.

18" RS4 reps running Pirelli P-Zero Rosso:

Maybe popular, but I reckon they look smart [:D] The tyres just grip and grip, great for putting the power down, although they're not cheap [:(] Obviously with 18s the ride does suffer a little, it's not harsh by any standards, but not quite as comforting as on 16s.

For track days I put my old alloys (the ones off the PD150) back on. These are lighter and give a better/sharper turn in and make me slightly quicker.

·
Registered
204 Posts
BUMP just to hopefully re-start this thread again as I'm very interested to see what else people have done to their Diesel 130/150, as newer tuning products have become available.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive done the wheels, brakes (twice), tyres, shocks, decat down pipe from turbo with cat back also (strainght through), induction kit, pedals, sound system, Jabba remap, stubby aerial.... err might have missed some - will update if think of any others.

·
Registered
149 Posts
312mm brakes

Powerflex bushes & SuperPro dog bone

KW Spring & damper kit

Miltek Resonated De-cat exhaust

Pipercross Panel

Generic Jabba Remap

TT Pikey intercooler vent mod

Sachs organic clutch

and all identical bits for the golf and have made a huge difference.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hybrid 150 Turbo with FMIC (Only on the 130), with Miltek Turbo Back system and 80mm air feed pipe should see well over 200 BHP. Can't wait to get mine finnished and once done it will pull like a train [:p]

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
That is exactly what i would love to do, looks pretty dear though. Id love a forge fmic and pd150 turbo just aint got the cash flow.

·
Registered
220 Posts
So far my GT TDI130 has Sachs Performance Clutch, Green Panel Filter and 76mm Airbox Ducting, plus I always run on BP Ultimate Diesel, plus I've removed spare wheel and tools for a bit of weight reduction. It feels punchy up to about 3200rpm but after that it's best for me to change gear for meaningful acceleration.

For those with the remaps, does it give the car more power higher up the rev range?

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
done pretty much the full works:

Forge FMIC

Turbodynamics Hybrid Turbo

Sachs Performance Cluth + new flywheel

Milltek Non-Res Turbo-back Exhaust Systen

R32 front brakes with Hawk Pads, custom 286mm rear brakes, braided hoses all round

Front and Rear Eibach Anti-Roll Bars

A whole host of exterior and interior mods also..

Just the remapping to go now and the projects finished! [<:eek:)]

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Remapping changed my life.... [:D] I did my induction and exhaust first and then went for the custom map on the rollers, not the cheaper generic cd rom upload. I wanted the perfect torque curve.

Posted Image

·
You ain&#39;t seen me, right?
3,778 Posts
details / mods as per my sig. REMAP is defo the most awesome mod by far, everything else is just tweaks

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would be interested to hear from anyone on here who has taken it to the next level with hybrid turbo, FMIC, larger cc injectors etc.[H]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I don't have a golf but a leon with the same engine. See THIS link for a list of the mods

Best wishes

Hello forum,

i am just interested to see what mods others have done to the car and how they performed? or what "combination" of mods have gone well together

Cheers, hope this makes an interesting thread - valuable to the diesel tuning people

GT 130
Hello forum,

GT 130

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi i got a 130 tdi golf al standad apart from remap from jabba sport 173.5 bhp 328lbs of tourque,its does quarter of a mile up the santapod strip in 15 secs not bad for a diesel

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is Jabba the best for remaps as they always seem to have much higher torque figures than the quoted figures for other companies?

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I personally can't fault Jabba. However, am sure some of the other brand name tuners are equally good for remaps. Go for the custom map, it sets it up to your engine rather than the generic cd flash maps.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Jabba's too far from me unfortunately as I live in the South. I think AMD Essex do custom mapping though. I want to have more than 300lb ft torque too!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts