Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST IN THE MIDDLE OF GETTING CAR REMAPED BUT POWER IS DOWN ANY BODY ANY IDEAS ?

HAD NEW CLUTCH FITTED AND TURBO BACK EXHAUST AND LARGER TURBO AND ALLARD INTERCOOLER. BUT POWER IS DOWN ONLY UP TO 190 BHP ?

HELP ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boost is peaking at 1.9

Running at 330lb t but doesnt seam to kick in quick enough

Seams to be a fueling probelm ???? we think

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
what fuel and boost pressure ?

190 is superb.
190 isn't superb if you're running a hybrid turbo. You should be seeing
over 200bhp. Micky has about 206 on a moderate map. Reflex TDi has a
150 PD with a hybrid turbo making 220bhp or thereabouts. Most likely
fuel related, have you logged the injectors flow?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will ask tomorrow about injector flow .

any other ideas on what might be wrong

Car has done 100,000 so might it need injectors replaceing ?

The turbo is an uprated version of the 1749 VNT unit with larger compresor wheel.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
What remapp are you using?

The remapp i have has my car at just touching 200bhp but with a very wide torque curve, i have the uprated VNT 17 also with bigger compressor wheel., superchips could improve to about 220 ish but id say acceleration wouldnt be a whole lot better, at the moment i can do 20-100 in 13 secs dead. who knows, if i had 220 i might do it in 12 secs, need to know for sure before i spend money.

With the turbo your using you could have a wide torque curve which to be honest would mean more than having a 190bhp peak, its not just about figures..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
STILL NO JOY WITH GETTING POWER UP ON CAR TODAY.

COULD THE INJECTOR PUMPS BE FAULTY AND NOT LETTING ENOUGH FUEL IN ?

HOW DO YOU TEST INJECTOR PUMPS ?

WHATS COST ON INJECTOR PUMPS ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i put new maf on 9 months ago theres no smoke so i have been told.

ecu has been told to fuel to max been still no joy

·
Registered
299 Posts
I soo want a diesel now! Every single one of my 105 horses are struggling under my heavy right foot! 190bhp is what dreams are made of! hehehe! Fancy a swap???

·
Registered
990 Posts

My car recently developed an intermittent fault causing the engine to stall and not re-start. Turned out the tandem pump was to blame, although it still worked and the car felt relatively quick (was down 3 bar on minimum pressure).

I was present when they plumbed a pressure guage into the pump. A correctly working pump should deliver at least 8bar of pressure, while mine was struggling to reach 5.

Get them to check this as it may be to blame and would result in a loss of "expected" power.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

My car recently developed an intermittent fault causing the engine to stall and not re-start. Turned out the tandem pump was to blame, although it still worked and the car felt relatively quick (was down 3 bar on minimum pressure).

I was present when they plumbed a pressure guage into the pump. A correctly working pump should deliver at least 8bar of pressure, while mine was struggling to reach 5.

Get them to check this as it may be to blame and would result in a loss of "expected" power.
Very true, The tandem pump could have lost a few PSI,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts