Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

GT TDI 115BHP OR 110BHP?

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Stevoraith 
#1 ·
right i have a problem here

i was told the GT TDI i am looking at was a 115bhp PD model

however when i look on the parkers price guide it only lists a 110bhp GT TDI for that year

is this correct? and how do you check what one it is?

#7 ·
hi craig, i havent done a great deal yet, so far i hav colour coded the rear vw badge, fitted bora sport door pins, delocked both doors, fitted an alpine mp3 hu, fitted gti door sills, new rear axle bushes (common prob) hav also bought new cross drilled discs, but they wont be fitted till i decide which weelz im wanting? then hopefully a visit to jabbasport or upsolute for some chipping, many plans m8 just doin a wee bit at a time ;)

#10 ·
Quote: posted by craigGSI on 12/09/2004 23:04:14

so they did do a 115GT TDI?

and yes this is a 6 speed

the car is a 51 plate

sorry for all the questions lads but i like to have all the info

Yep, mines a 115 on a 51 plate, the guides stop pricing them at Y-reg but mine was registered 7th Sept 2001 after being in the dealers showroom for 2 months at ?18,500!! (Cancelled order, the lad wanted a 5dr & a 3dr turned up). It cost so much as it came fully loaded. A manger at my workplace bought it after watching it sit in the dealers for ?17,800, then a year later he got a company car..so he was keen to sell it at 20 months old.

#11 ·
It's a rare one if its a 51-plate 115, but as Paul says, if they sat around for long enough at the dealers they do exist.

Most 51-plates are 130's though.

Mine is a July '01 115PD (Y-plate). The data sticker in the spare wheel well will say 85kW for a 115, and the brake calipers will have FS-III engraved on them.

Most 115's are 6-speed but 5-speed was an option (god knows why) so there are some 5-spd 115's that exist. However there are no 6-spd 110's.

Good luck in your search mate.

#12 ·
Just to confuse things further VW re-introduced the 110TDI in June 2001 for @4 months. This issue seems to be a common problem. I went to look at a Golf that a mate had just test driven at a VW dealer. The salesman told him it was a 115TDI. Car was on an Sept 2000/X plate but had a 5 speed box and no ASR. This made me think it was a 110TDI, saleman stuck to his guns for 1/2 hour until his manager advised it was actually a 110TDI. Yet another example of a c**p salesman.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.