·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<o:p></o:p>I?m sure you can imagine how happy I was to return to my
(NEW!!!!) pride and joy to find that some c*** had left me with this. See crap
pics bellow!

<o:p></o:p>Does that look like a red car?s done that? It happened in a
work car park so I?ll be there in the morning taking samples from bumpers (with a baseball bat!)<o:p> </o:p>It?s mainly on the rear wheel arch, would that look like a
whole new panel or can they pop those out?

<o:p></o:p>

Phoned the lovely insurance company (one with the phone on
wheels) who said even if I find the scratched car, if they don?t claim
responsibility I?m paying the excess myself.

Apart from having a hissy fit in the morning, is there anything anyone advises doing, I?ve
let my insurance know and will hunt down all owners of red cars?

If not, can I just have some sympathy from fellow MkV?s!

(One good thing is that the above insurance company will
cover my auto-glym even though I didn?t tell them I had it done. Which is nice!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
894 Posts
What a B****r

I'd be even more annoyed if it were a work colleague that had done that & cleared off.

You'll have to see who doesn't bring their car in tommorrow unless there are hundreds working at your place.

Hope you get can get it sorted quickly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the pics dont really show much, but would you think its possible to spot the car that is to blame?

there are under 60 cars that park there and I'll get a list of all registered cars with the company to help. I do hope it won't come to that and the colleague in question will own up in the morning.

If not.. bye bye ?300 for the excess

(still grumpy!)

·
Registered
894 Posts
It might be difficult to identify the car especially if there are cars already ' bumper scraped ' so to speak amongst those 60.

If they didn't own up there & then they may well have tried to remove any offending paint / marks from their car anyway.

Maybe they will have a conscience[:O]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the cameras not pointing at my space, but it does cover the exit to that area of the carpark... so i could sit and check all the red cars, which is how my coffee break will be spent tomorrow. just praying they didnt save money by getting a black and white system!!!!

the guy on the phone for the insurance was like "now, i could enter this claim now sir, but you do sound rather focused on catching this person and using their insurance so maybe we should leave this untill tomorrrow"

too flippin right!

[:mad:]

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi,

I feel for you... I used to have an MG F and my wife broad-sided it on the drive, denting it just above the air intake on the rear wing. I thought it was goosed, because it looked as if the waist line had been creased.

I took it to the insurance company's recommended repairer and it was going to be over a grand and involved cutting the panel out and replacing it completely. I ended up taking it to a body shop who did it for ?450.... They just filled the panel instead of hacking it off and I have to say they did a fookin' great job - you couldn't see a thing at all... Even the crease in the waist line was not visible.

So, the moral of the story - get a quote...

I really feel for you, though.... If there are only 60 people then send an email to everyone!

Sorry.

fM

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Email? I've gone one step further and put together a poster
campaign to fly paper the place with? including a message from my car to all
the other cars asking for them to get their owners to look at their cars for
scratches!

<o:p> </o:p>

So even if I don?t get lucky, they are all going to think I?m
unhinged and not worth driving into again.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Thats a bummer Mate, sorry to hear that, what is it with some people, no respect for others belongings.Only last month the wife and Me were in Warwick Castle car park, when a family turns up in a shite box Renault people mover, mum and dad get out and leave sleepy Brat daughter in the back, Brat wakes up and swings her door wide open, sharp corner heading for my Motor,I shout at the top of my voice to alert my Wife, who stops the door just in time, mother gives me a filty look as if I'm out of order.Snotty Cow.

Rant over, sorry steve, I hope you find them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Result! The culprit came forward yesterady and offered insurance details!!!

Obviously the poster campaign worked (and possibly me and five mates in the
carpark for ? an hour checking bumpers for golf size dents)

Am less grumpy now [:)]

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wow!!! That IS a result, maybe there are some honest people out there then! Either that or like you say, started to get nervous at the fact there were people looking for marks.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Result! The culprit came forward yesterady and offered insurance details!!!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p> </o:p>

Obviously the poster campaign worked (and possibly me and five mates in the carpark for ? an hour checking bumpers for golf size dents)

Am less grumpy now [:)]

Good news...[Y]

·
Registered
36 Posts
A similar incident happend to my GTI on friday. I didn't notice it until saturday morning but somebody has clipped the back of my car which has left a scratch on the black plastic valance underneath the number plate and a nice 2" scratch on the colour coded bumper. I've touched it up with VW paint but can still see it. No chance of finding culprit - was absolutely gutted. Will hopefully get repaired properly when I can.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts