Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here use savastore.com to order pc and electrical bits ?

I ordered two bluetooth dongles from them friday before last and they tried to deliver it twice last week but due to not being in (i.e. at work duh !) they took it back to their depot rather than leave it with a neighbour. They then said if I want I can go and pick it up from their depot (err no thanks not doing a 60 mile round trip to collect something i've paid to have delivered to me !).

So I rang up city link, the couriers, to be told I had to ring savastore to arrange a redelivery due to them attempting delivery twice already. So rang them on friday afternoon to arrange a redelivery.. 55 minutes later I FINALLY got to speak to someone !

Apparently, the normal delivery is only on weekdays and the courier company won't leave it at the back door of the house or leave it with a neighbour (total cost was ?19.64 !) and quelle surprise, they don't deliver on saturdays !

The first customer "service" agent who I spoke to was a bit rude and said "Well you did use the normal delivery option.. if you cannot accept delivery during the day you must pay ?15 for the saturday delivery option !" ?15 sodding quid.. I don't think so !

So, I told them to return it and give me a full refund (though they take off the delivery fee.. typical !) I asked the woman why misco have no problems delivering stuff during the day.. she couldn't answer.

So, who can I order two bluetooth dongles (no more than ?10-?12 each) and be sure to get them delivered by royal mail so I can go to the sorting office and collect them and NOT a 60 mile round trip ?!?! Also, it didn't say you must be able to sign for these as we will not leave with a neighbour.

It was supposed to be a birthday present last week as well.. thanks for nothing savastore, you useless bunch of.....

So, any ideas where I can order these from and be guaranteed of getting them delivered or least taken to somewhere that is a sensible distance from me ! Help !

</rant over>

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Ebay would be your best bet to be honest. Citylink won't leave with a neighbour for me either, always get a card through the door and have to re-attempt. I've had about 3 parcels go back to ebuyer because of this.

So no, I get them delivered to work, regardless of whether I'm there or not as someone always is.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ebay would be your best bet to be honest. Citylink won't leave with a neighbour for me either, always get a card through the door and have to re-attempt. I've had about 3 parcels go back to ebuyer because of this.

So no, I get them delivered to work, regardless of whether I'm there or not as someone always is.
Just thought of the fleabay actually !

We used to be able to do that, but with 5000 people working here, the post room use to get VERY busy ! So, they put a stop to that.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I baught a bluetooth dongle for ?5 the other day brand new, but it was
from my mates shop at trade price rrp price is ?15 as this particular
one has a wide range.

Sat

p.s. try ebay

·
Registered
495 Posts
We used to be able to do that, but with 5000 people working here, the post room use to get VERY busy ! So, they put a stop to that.
I don't know how I'd survive without my daily work deliveries of Ebay/Ebuyer/Amazon tat off t'internet. Could you not ask the courier to deliver to your companies reception desk (rather than post room)?

Alternatively if several of you guys in your dept have the same issue of no one at home to sign... you could all chip in and rent a PO BOX for a year (around ?50).. and then every so often someone goes down to the post office and scoops up all the collected mail/deliveries etc...

C

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
the funny thing is just before i moved out of my old house citylink told me they had changed their policy and that they leave it with a neighbour instead of redelivering or taking back to depot!

·
Diesel isn&#39;t a dirty word
11,030 Posts
I've had exactly the same problem with SavaStore, they would only deliver to credit card registered address blah, blah..

City Link also said I could collect it, I thought I have paid for delivery so they can bl**dy well deliver it. They tried four times in the week but seeing as I work it is no surprise there was no one in, at least I got my moneies worth in City Links wasted time and fuel. [:D]

Eventually got a refund and vowed never to use them again.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I've ordered from Savastore a few times in the past and got my stuff so quickly with the normal delivery that I've never seen any need to go with the special delivery option. I should explain that my parents are retired and are normally home to receive the constant stream of goodies that I receive.

Savastore has such low prices on some items that their margins must be minute. Their system can only work with a high degree of automation and standardisation I suppose, which creates issues if you want to do anything that is slightly different.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Im pretty surprised that everyone is moaning about a retailer who, from what I can see has done exactly what it was originally asked to do - IE - deliver the product next day to the card holders address!

The reason the couriers will not leave it at another address is for security, the same reason they only delivery to card holders addresses. If the product gets stolen, or if the card has been stolen, its the courier or the retailers fault. So all they are doing is covering their bases, and also coverings YOURS (Credit Card Scams).

Now dont get me wrong, Im not a fan of Savastore, and I know the MD very very well. But if you want a product delivered on a Sat (classed as a special term delivery) you will have to pay more, as the courier companies charge more for this service.

Not many etailers will use Royal Mail to send out products. The reason for this is insurance, you are not covered at all via mail. Most will use a courier service like City Link, Business Post, TNT etc.

I know there are a couple of people on this forum who work for large Etailers, and as a supplier to most of them, I to have to have procedures in place for not only my own safty, but for my customers, and for the end users.

Always the old way of actually walking into a shop.......

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I can't understand why you can't register a second delivery address against a Credit Card, so that an online retailer can send it only to one of those two addresses. OK so that won't help those that work at large companies and so can not use that address (though I suppose they could register a trusted neighbour, retired relative etc).

That way the security is still there in that the card holder has nominated the alternative address with the card issuer and the card user has an alternative address to use for when they are at work.

No brainer to me.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
coolcurly i completely agree, at my old address my neighbours were all great but now i've moved i've no idea what they are like and i'd rather stuff not just be left with anyone

Gti Jazz Blue's idea is a good one but also i've always thought that couriers should offer three time slots for deliveries, morning, afternoon and evening.

then everyone would have to choose one of those when using them and they could structure there drivers employment schedule around that time table. saves them sending out deliveries when nobody is going to be in and save people like me having to travel 30-40 to depot to collect

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one who get's a constant stream of stuff coming in! My neighbours are good and it does depend on the citylink driver who comes whether he will leave it with them. Amtrax ALWAYS leave it with them. But when I have so much stuff coming in, you get to know them.

I'm a big fan of Misco at the moment, prices are not spectacular, but they have NEVER failed me. Whenever I have gone for the 3 day option it's been here the next day. That's over about 20 orders. However, they also use couriers, but you can get it delivered somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I always try to get delivered to work, however onthe rare occasions they go home, I City Link tell them I will sign a disclaimer for them to deliver to a neighbour or leave the parcel hidden and they always do it for me.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The reason that retailers will not ship to any other address is because of Credit Card Fraud. You would be shocked if you knew how many daily attempts on my products (LCD and PLASMA TV's) my etailers have. If it wasnt for the security in place, that product would have to be "written off" by somebody. I can not afford to loose the money, so I have my own company procedures in place to ensure that the etailers accept responsibilty (remember they are actually doing the transaction) before I direct ship anything. The courier firm will delivery to where they are told, and if this a fake address the insurance of shipping the product is based on weight and not on true value of product.

As for different time slots, these are already available by most of the couriers. These are Pre 10.30am, Pre Noon, and Sat. ALL of these are more expensive then a standard next day service, and that extra will be past onto the end user.

Remember, the laws in the UK (Consumer Laws like Sales of Goods Act) are totally weighted in the end users favour. Retailers have to stick these (great if your a buyer which we all are at sometime or another) like glue and sometimes by no fault of their own end up out of pocket when they are genuinly trying to supply goods on an honest transaction. Margins are very tight anyhow, so they too can not afford to be scammed too many times if not any.

But, like I said if you can not be in to acccept a next day service (because you work etc), and you can not have it delivered to your place of work because of card holders address, then you can always do the old way of visiting your half empty high street..........Options Options..

·
Registered
472 Posts
If you want to get a delivery to your business address with your credit card which is registered at your home address you can add the business address to your credit card by phoning up your credit card company. This is what I have done in the past when ordering from Savastore.

City link are very good i've never had any problems with delivery.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
As for different time slots, these are already available by most of the couriers. These are Pre 10.30am, Pre Noon, and Sat. ALL of these are more expensive then a standard next day service, and that extra will be past onto the end user.
yes i am aware of these times slots, however pre 10.30 and pre noon don't help when you work normal office hours, and the consideral expense and wait involved with saturday delivery is off-putting

a weeks wait and ?20 is ok for the ?880 32" LCD i've just bought but not for a computer mouse for example

what i was more hinting at is the possibility of evening deliveries, they could charge more cos obviously it is unsociable hours for the drivers, however they wouldn't have to employ the same number of drivers during the day and evening because all the deliveries would have been split up when the customers requested their time slot

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I always try to get delivered to work, however onthe rare occasions they go home, I City Link tell them I will sign a disclaimer for them to deliver to a neighbour or leave the parcel hidden and they always do it for me.
Why didn't they give me that option when I rang them then ! - Of course not cos I couldn't speak to them could I, I had to wait 55 minutes on the phone to tell savastore to take it back !

@ coolcurly - I agree they did what was agreed when the transaction took place, but they didn't tell me beforehand that if I was at work during the day and not in to accept a delivery, that I had to use the saturday service ! Had they told me that I would have gone elsewhere.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im pretty surprised that everyone is moaning about a retailer who, from what I can see has done exactly what it was originally asked to do - IE - deliver the product next day to the card holders address!

The reason the couriers will not leave it at another address is for security, the same reason they only delivery to card holders addresses. If the product gets stolen, or if the card has been stolen, its the courier or the retailers fault. So all they are doing is covering their bases, and also coverings YOURS (Credit Card Scams).

Now dont get me wrong, Im not a fan of Savastore, and I know the MD very very well. But if you want a product delivered on a Sat (classed as a special term delivery) you will have to pay more, as the courier companies charge more for this service.

Not many etailers will use Royal Mail to send out products. The reason for this is insurance, you are not covered at all via mail. Most will use a courier service like City Link, Business Post, TNT etc.

I know there are a couple of people on this forum who work for large Etailers, and as a supplier to most of them, I to have to have procedures in place for not only my own safty, but for my customers, and for the end users.

Always the old way of actually walking into a shop.......
I didn't ask for a next day or saturday delivery, I used their boggo standard delivery, ?2.93 for 2-3 day delivery. I understand it's not left next door due to security, but why do freemans and next, (normally stuff for katie !) have no problems leaving it next door or at the back door ? We had ?300 of furniture left by our back door last year ! and why did misco have no problems leaving a hard disc for me ? I understand what your saying, I just don't get why no one else (etailers) have the same problem ?!. Weird.

Indeed, I could of gone to a high street shop, but I wanted to get them for a good price, not be ripped off at currys or comet etc,

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aaaaanyway.. quick update. I have now had a refund (minus three quid for the 'delivery').

I have finally managed to get two bluetooth dongles via ebay for ?5.99 each.

Well, one penny for the dongle and ?5.98 for delivery. Still bloody cheap though.. and to think I nearly paid ?19 for two from savastore ! Result !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts