Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email back from green stuff air filters saying that they only do a panel filter for my car (2.0) and not an induction kit grrrrrrr

they do one for a 1.6 grrrrr

anyway my question is will a 1.8 T induction kit fit, i mean are the conections the same size etc, not to bothered on performace as i have only 115bhp anyway but i really like the noise an induction kit makes, any advice???

thanky [:D]

·
Registered
873 Posts
Buy a 1.8T GTi [:D] lol

If you like induction sounds then Carbonio or BMC or K+N probably do one for the 2.0.

Just had a look at awesome's site and the Carbonio is the same one for the 1.8T and the 2.0 so I'm guessing there the same pipe diameter!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys but i was worried about my MAF i had a induction kit fitted at a shop near brands hatch might of been a K & N but i had to get rid of it as it killed my MAF, sounded the nuts tho on the 2.0 and i could also get the car to delibratly back fire as well [:S]

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also about buying a 1.8T i would love too in a way, prob is ive had my car for nearly 3years now, iam fond of it an ive done alot of stuff to it really, although its not the fastest engine it does ahave a nice engine note, and also 3years ago when I was looking for a Golf GTi I was getting stupid insurance quotes back for a turbo, so i went for the 2.0 instead, been a good relible car.. done 115k miles now and still going strong, if my engine ever gave up the ghost i'd chuck in a different engine i suppose, but even now im paying £650 on my car in insurance, insurance companies hate me for some reason, im a 27yr old women with (touch wood) 3-4 years no claims and i still cant insure anything with some power for under £900.. i'd love a skyline but they want £2500-£4500 to insure me for a R33 GTS-T [cry]

·
Registered
188 Posts
Also Simota's:

1) PT609 (VW GOLF IV / BORA 2.0)

2) CF660-12 (VW GOLF IV / BORA 2.0)

3) PO420A (GOLF IV 2.0/ 98-03, BORA 2.0/ 98-on,
BEETLE 2.0/00-on)

4) PG420A (GOLF IV 2.0)

I hope that helps [:)]

·
Registered
873 Posts
The little shop near brands hatch wasn't Formular ones was it? I used to work there. I might have fitted that induction kit to your car if it was within the last 3 years lol. Small world.

Do some great deals on wheels. Guy who runs it is a top bloke.

Im 19 and my insurance was 1.4k for the 1.8T I don't have much else to pay for though as im living at home. Live a little [:D]

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol it was the older bloke who fitted for me but it killed my maf..

my boyfriend is good mates with Nev down at fomular one moto's

·
Registered
873 Posts
Nevs a funny f***er. He used to work in formular ones with me. Left soon after i joined to start up f1 moto. Have you seen hes pimped out volvo? Hes getting really into hes drifting now. He pulled out behind me the other day (with a learner sign ontop of hes volvo) and went from hes shop into the texaco garage sideways haha.

The older bloke is Andy.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ahahahaha yes his drifting volvo's, they are actually quite good at drifting, he killed his white one and ive seen his blue one that he is working on, he is doing his learner school of drifting lol my boyfriend was gonna get Nev to teach him so he could drift his silvia lol

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
lol it was the older bloke who fitted for me but it killed my maf..
How long was it fitted? Your MAF was probably on its way out anyway, otherwise if they'd be dealing with thousands of warranty claims.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
also about buying a 1.8T i would love too in a
way, prob is ive had my car for nearly 3years now, iam fond of it an
ive done alot of stuff to it really, although its not the fastest
engine it does ahave a nice engine note, and also 3years ago when I was
looking for a Golf GTi I was getting stupid insurance quotes back for a
turbo, so i went for the 2.0 instead, been a good relible car.. done
115k miles now and still going strong, if my engine ever gave up the
ghost i'd chuck in a different engine i suppose, but even now im paying
£650 on my car in insurance, insurance companies hate me for some
reason, im a 27yr old women with (touch wood) 3-4 years no claims and i
still cant insure anything with some power for under £900.. i'd love a
skyline but they want £2500-£4500 to insure me for a R33 GTS-T
[cry]
Hmm.. lets look at the evidence (said in a loyd grossman voice :p)

ME:

1. 27yr old male
  2. 5 yrs no claims
  3. East Kent
  4. 1.8T GTi with mildish mods (160-165 ish bhp)
  5. £550
<>

YOU:

1. 27yr old female
  2. 4 yrs no claims
  3. West Kent
  4. 2.0 GTi golf (125bhp)
  5. £650

<>Being a woman with a similar amount of ncb you should be on about
£400 i'd say. Have you tried people like flux and greenlight,
Liann ?

Daviiiiiddddd.. It's ooooover to you !

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The filter was on the car for 2 months i think..

Ive tried adrian flux and they want £670 for my golf.. I have real probs getting cheap car insurance.. I think my postcode has alot to do with it tbh, although dartford is a chav place, Car crime isnt that big a deal, all my life ive lived in my house and all that happens is break ins, nobody round here actually steal cars [:|]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
The filter was on the car for 2 months i think..

Ive
tried adrian flux and they want £670 for my golf.. I have real probs
getting cheap car insurance.. I think my postcode has alot to do with
it tbh, although dartford is a chav place, Car crime isnt that big a
deal, all my life ive lived in my house and all that happens is break
ins, nobody round here actually steal cars [:|]
Then it must be postcode or profession.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts